The University of Greenwich in the UK is delighted to invite applications for its Postgraduate Research Scholarship program, specifically designed for exceptional international students who wish to pursue a research program at the University.
University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship
This scholarship presents a unique opportunity for eligible candidates to work on an exciting project focused on investigating the lattice Boltzmann Modelling of Disease Outbreaks, with a particular emphasis on the Covid-19 pandemic. The selected candidate(s) will play a crucial role in constructing stochastic lattice Boltzmann equations (LBEs) to decipher mechanistic models of disease spreading.
The ultimate goal is to identify significant relationships between spatially dependent parameters and the transmission of infectious diseases.
- Host: University of Greenwich – UK
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award
- Scholarship Worth: £15,285
- Number of Awards: Not stated
- Study Level: Masters & PhD
- Nationality: International students
Eligibility Criteria For the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship
To be eligible for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for master’s & PhD programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences offered by the University.
- A Ph.D. project research proposal that is related to the research area is required.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions are essential.
- Demonstrate the capacity for effective independent work and collaboration as part of a team.
- Show enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility, and confidence in pursuing the research project.
- English Language Requirement: For Candidates whose first language is not English or candidates from a country where English is not the majority spoken language, a language proficiency score is required a minimum of IELTS 6.5. However, if the applicant’s previous degree was taught in English and obtained in a majority English-speaking country (e.g. UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc.), they may be exempted from this requirement, as recognized by the UKBA.
The University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship award is valued at £15,285 and is granted to international students who meet the eligibility criteria.
To apply for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship, eligible and interested candidates must follow these steps:
- Apply online for a study place at the university via this link: www.gre.ac.uk/research/study/apply/application-process
- Subsequently, the candidates will be automatically considered for the scholarship if they meet the eligibility requirements.
Applicants must ensure that their applications for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship include the following documents. Applications lacking any of these requirements will not be considered:
- Scholarship Reference Number (Ref) – Included in the personal statement section, along with a personal statement explaining the reasons for applying.
- A research proposal related to the subject topic.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing details of 2 referees.
- Academic qualification certificates/transcripts and IELTS/English Language certificate (for international applicants or those whose first language is not English or from countries where English is not the majority spoken language as defined by the UK Border Agency).
- All attachments must be in PDF format. Before submitting the application, candidates are encouraged to liaise with the Lead Supervisor for further guidance.
The specific application deadline for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship has not been specified.