The Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship 2023 is inviting proposals for the conservation and scientific research at Rijksmuseum’s collection and resources. The Fellowship offers successful candidates the opportunity to carry out part of their research at the museum.
Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship 2023
The Gerritzen Fellowship aims at supporting first-rate academic research, strengthening ties between the Rijksmuseum and universities, and contribute to the exchange of knowledge. Successful fellows will have access to Rijksmuseum’s collections, library, and laboratories, as to the expertise of the academic staff.
Fellows will also get the opportunity to participate in workshops and field trips. So if you have a proposal for high-quality research offering new perspectives on the Rijksmuseum’s collection, history or activities, apply for this Fellowship.
Details About Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Rijksmuseum
- Country: Netherlands
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 9, 2023
Founded in the Hague on 19 November 1798, the Rijksmuseum is the national museum of the Netherlands dedicated to Dutch arts and history.
Rijksmuseum is located at the Museum Square in the borough of Amsterdam South, close to the Van Gogh Museum, the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, and the Concertgebouw. The Rijksmuseum moved to Amsterdam in 1808, where it was first located in the Royal Palace and later in the Trippenhuis.
The Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship is created to encourage and support scholarly investigation, and to contribute to academic discourses while strengthening bonds between the museum and universities. Through this program, highly talented candidates can base part of their research at the Rijksmuseum, and be able to access the museum’s expertise, collections, library, and laboratories.
Benefits of Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship 2023
- Successful fellow’s will receive Stipends to help support their study and research efforts during the tenure of their appointment.
- The stipend includes €39,000 for MA graduate/PhD Fellows or €45,000 for postdoctoral Fellows (subject to taxes and deductions) for a period of twelve months commencing 1 September 2023, the start of the academic year.
- There will be limited travel for research in art collections and archives elsewhere in Europe to a maximum value of €5,000 annually.
- Also, Rijksmuseum will cover visa fees for the Fellow, but not for dependents.
- Fellows will have opportunities to engage in workshops and excursions to encourage the exchange of knowledge – both amongst themselves and the broader museum audience.
How to Apply for Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship 2023?
All Interested and qualified candidates can visit Rijksmuseum on www.rijksmuseum.nl to apply
- Please note that the closing date for all applications is 9 January 2023, at 6:00 p.m. (Amsterdam time/CET), thus, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
- The Selection process will be made by an international committee in February 2023. This committee consists of eminent scholars in the relevant fields of study from European universities and institutions,
Eligibility Criteria for Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship 2023 Qualification
- Rijksmuseum Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship is open to MA graduates, as well as PhD students and post-doctoral candidates.
- The MA Graduate/PhD Fellows must have completed their MA degree or whose proposal is embedded in the research plans of their forthcoming PhD dissertation
- Postdoctoral degree Fellows are required to have completed their PhD dissertation and obtained a PhD degree on the date of application.
- Candidates of all nationalities and with varied specialisms can apply and may include conservators and scientists.
- Candidates must have proven research capabilities, academic credentials, and excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Preferred but not required include Proficiency in a second language (ideally Dutch or German)
Documents Required for Application
When applying, kindly Upload the following documents as PDF:
- A Cover letter Showing the primary focus of your research, the connection of your project to the Rijksmuseum, and your personal interest in the Fellowship position (250-300 words)
- A research proposal of one thousand words maximum, further specifying your areas of research and their relationship to the Rijksmuseum’s collections and activities
- Cv stating education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
January 9, 2023.
More Related Content
- Tony Elumelu Foundation( TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 for Entrepreneurs in Africa
- Asian Development Bank – ADB-Japan Scholarships Program 2023/2024 For International Students
- British Council Nigerian Internship 2023 Programme – How to Apply Now
- United Nations ECA Fellowship 2023 for young African Professionals – Apply Now!
- ICCR Scholarship Application Link – How to Apply Now