Applications are ongoing for the ADB-Japan Scholarships Program 2023/2024 For qualified International Students. The Scholarship Program offers about 135 graduate scholarships every year for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Applications are invited from eligible graduate students across eligible countries who are wishing to study in Japan.
Details About ADB-JSP Postgraduate Scholarship 2023/2024
- Type of program: Postgraduate
- Organization: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Country: Japan
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
- Eligible Course: Economics, Business and Management, Science and Technology, and other development-related fields.
- Application status: Open
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has the commitment to achieve a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty.
Owned by 68 members, the ADB was Established in 1966, It assists its members and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development.
The conception of the ADB was in the early 1960s as a financial institution that would be Asian in character and foster economic growth and cooperation in one of the poorest regions in the world.
Subsequently, the Japan Scholarship Program was established in April 1988 to provide an opportunity for qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake post-graduate studies in the above-mentioned fields offered at the Institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
How to Apply for ADB-JSP Postgraduate Scholarship 2023/2024?
Below are the Procedures for Applying for the ADB-JSP Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Candidates should request information and application forms from the chosen academic institution(s).
- It’s important to access various resources, including the institutions’ websites and handbooks, and institution information sessions held in-country, to assist in making an informed decision on the academic institution and course they wish to undertake. See the list of academic institutions here: https://www.adb.org/node/41934
Applying for Scholarship
- Indicate the academic institution you are applying for admission to and that you would like to be considered for the ADB–JSP Scholarship.
- Then submit the completed institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB–JSP application sheet form to the academic institution.
- All submitted documentation must be accurate.
- Note that failure to submit accurate details may result in an application not being processed or to an award
- Submit current Income tax return or certification of annual salary/monthly salary
- Certification of family income is also required
- Application Form (MS Word): https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/page/41935/jsp-information-sheet.doc
- Application Form (PDF): https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/page/41935/insheet.pdf
Note: All Applications for the ADB- JSP scholarships should be sent at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies.
Selection Criteria for ADB-JSP Postgraduate Scholarship 2023/2024
- The African Development Bank (ADB) will review the submission from the academic institutions and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- In the case of approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise academic institutions on the successful candidates.
- Academic institutions are expected to inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees to take up their scholarships.
- Also, the academic institutions will arrange for the signing of the acceptance of the scholarship award by the awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their studies, they will return to their home country.
- The African Development Bank will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to scholars through the university.
More Related Content
- ICCR Scholarship Application Link – How to Apply Now
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Application – How to Apply Now
- Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue – BETD Media Fellowship 2023 for Global Journalists
- Smysor Scholarship Windsor Illinois – Apply Now!
- IMF Internship Program 2023 For Young Professionals – How to Apply Now