Applications are open for the 15th edition of the Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2023. This year, the World Human Rights Moot Court Competition adopts a hybrid format, with the in-person final rounds scheduled to take place at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2023
The program will run from 17 to 21 July 2023 and the preliminary virtual rounds (online) scheduled to take place from 20 to 27 May 2023.
The competition is open to both undergraduate and master’s students from all universities around the world, also encouraged to apply including Teams of two students (gender diversity) from every university in the world, to submit their heads of argument for a hypothetical human rights case.
The preliminary oral rounds invite 50 teams with the highest memorial grades, to present their arguments to human rights experts and judges of international tribunals at the UN headquarters in Geneva.
Summary of University of Pretoria Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition
- Type: Undergraduates & Master’s
- Institution: University of Pretoria
- Country: South Africa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
- Organized By: The Centre for Human Rights (Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa)
- Application status: Ongoing
About the University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria is a renowned public research university located in Pretoria, South Africa. It was founded in 1908 as the Pretoria campus of the Johannesburg-based Transvaal University College and is the fourth South African institution in continuous operation to be awarded university status.
As a research-intensive university, the Institution is searching for candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its research endeavor. The University of Pretoria provides funds for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students), As part of South Africa’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship Plan.
How to Apply for the University of Pretoria Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition?
Registration for the competition is done in two phases:
- Phase 1: This is the Faculty Registration phase where individuals must register the institutional information of their faculty, along with the details of the person responsible for the team. The individual can be the faculty representative or one of the team members.
- Phase 2: This is an Individual registration phase where each of the two oralists, including the faculty representative (if applicable), must register their details. The Individual registration is only for the 50 selected teams.
- For more details, visit the University of Pretoria website: https://www.chr.up.ac.za/worldmoot
Eligibility Criteria for University of Pretoria Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition Qualification
Only undergraduate and master’s degree students from all institutions of tertiary education around the world are eligible to apply.
More Related Content
- ICCR Scholarship Application Link – How to Apply Now
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Application – How to Apply Now
- Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue – BETD Media Fellowship 2023 for Global Journalists
- ACU Summer School 2023 In South Africa – Apply Now!
- Obama Foundation Colombia World Projects Grant 2023 – Apply Now!