Apply for the East-West Center Research Innovation & Collaboration and Exchange (RICE) Fellowship 2023! The RICE Fellowship Program is offered by the East-West Center (EWC) for scholars, non-government organization/civil society organization members, researchers, or journalists from the Indo-Pacific Region, including the United States.
However, the Fellowship will provide stipends for fellows to conduct research/ projects on topics related to domestic/international governance, environmental issues, political economy issues around trade, technology and integration, and geopolitics in the Indo-Pacific. The RICE Fellowships are scheduled to kickstart by September 30, 2023.
Research Innovation & Collaboration and Exchange (RICE) Fellowship 2023
The East-West Center (EWC) Research Innovation & Collaboration and Exchange (RICE) Fellowship 2023 is an opportunity for students and scholars to conduct research and collaborate with other professionals from different backgrounds. Furthermore, the fellowship provides stipends for selected participants to support their research activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
East West Center (EWC)
The East-West Center is a research and educational institution that promotes better relations and understanding between the United States and the Asia-Pacific region. However, it was established by the US Congress in 1960 and is located in Honolulu, Hawaii. The center offers research, educational, and leadership programs to individuals from various backgrounds.
Eligibility Criteria for the Research Innovation & Collaboration and Exchange Fellowship
The RICE fellowship is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Candidates who are nationals of a country from the Indo-Pacific or the United States
- He/She must Have at least a completed Master’s degree.
- All Research applicants must have a PhD degree, while policy experts, NGO leaders, and journalists, should have experience in their professions.
- Please note that preference will be given to candidates who have not yet had the opportunity to conduct research, projects, and network in Honolulu or Washington, DC.
RICE Fellowship Benefits
Selected participants will receive the following stipends and benefits:
- A stipend to support research-related expenses
- Round-trip airfare to and from Honolulu, Hawaii
- Housing at the East-West Center during the fellowship period
- Access to the center’s resources and facilities, including the library, computer labs, and gym
- Participation in cultural and professional development activities, including seminars, workshops, and conferences
How to Apply for the Research Innovation & Collaboration and Exchange (RICE) Fellowship 2023
The application process for the RICE Fellowship includes the following steps:
- The first step is to Complete and submit an online application form with accurate information
- Submit a research proposal that outlines the objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes of the research project
- Provide a resume or CV that highlights academic and professional achievements
- You need two letters from academics for recommendation transcripts from all academic institutions attended
- Click this link below to apply: eastwestcenter.submittable.com/submit/research-innovation-collaboration-and-exchange-rice
Why Apply for the RICE Fellowship?
Some of the benefits include:
- Funding: Selected participants will receive stipends to support their research-related expenses, which can include travel, accommodations, and materials.
- Professional Development: Participants will have access to the center’s resources and facilities, including the library, computer labs, and gym. They will also have the opportunity to attend seminars, workshops, and conferences that focus on different topics related to the Asia-Pacific region.
- Networking: Participants will have the chance to collaborate with other professionals from different backgrounds and disciplines, which can lead to new research partnerships and projects.
- Cultural Exchange: Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the culture, history, and traditions of the Asia-Pacific region, which can broaden their perspectives and enhance their intercultural competencies.
May 31, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Best Rice Cookers – Best Rice Cookers on Amazon
- Best Stainless Steel Rice Cookers
- Rice Business Plan Competition 2023 for Entrepreneurs Worldwide – Apply Now!
- African Christmas Tradition – African Countries that Celebrate Christmas
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program 2023 (JISPA) for International Students
- Best Instant Pot – Things to Look at while buying the Best Instant Pot