The Japan-IMF Scholarship (JISPA) is a renowned scholar in the Asia-Pacific region, Applications are currently open! Japan-IMF Scholarship was established in1993 and has since assisted over 850 officials in the Asia-Pacific region to pursue a graduate degree in economics at Japanese universities, enhancing their capacity to formulate macroeconomic policies.
Japan-IMF Scholarship Program 2023 (JISPA) for International Students
The Japan-IMF Scholarship Program offers support to graduate studies in macroeconomics at top universities in Japan.
Additionally, there will be educational opportunities for promising junior officials from central banks, ministries of finance, and other economic agencies in the Asia-Pacific region, with the goal to build their capacity to support sustainable growth and development in their own countries.
Meanwhile, the Japan-IMF Scholarship (JISPA) program is funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Details About Japan-IMF Scholarship (JISPA)
- Program Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
About International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Governed by 189 member countries, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) promotes international financial stability and monetary cooperation.
The Organization also facilitates international trade, promotes employment and sustainable economic growth, and helps to reduce global poverty.
Benefits of Japan-IMF Scholarship Program (JISPA)
The JISPA Scholarship covers tuition-related costs and most living expenses for the scholar. The Benefits include:
- Coverage for Full university admission and tuition fees
- Cost Coverage for Research related allowance and monthly living allowance
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip airfare and travel allowance
- The scholarship also covers Orientation Program tuition fees (partnership track only)
- An Annual field trip fee for partnership track only
- Allowance for Computer/software (master’s program only)
How to Apply for Japan-IMF Scholarship (JISPA) 2023?
The application process for Japan-IMF Scholarship can be completed in few minutes, Visit IMF website below for more details and how to apply: https://www.imf.org/en/Countries/ResRep/OAP-Home/JISPA-Home/what-is-jispa
Criteria for Japan-IMF Scholarship Program (JIAPA) Qualification
- Ideal Applicants must be international students
- Be a national of one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Mongolia, Nepal, Pacific Island Countries, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Thailand
- Must be currently Working for a key economic agency such as the central bank, ministry of finance, or financial regulatory agency.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Have a good command of English
- Applicants are expected to be studying in a graduate program in economics in Japan.
- Applicants are required to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score report.
The Scholarship Considers the following:
- Considerations will be given to the Candidate’s academic record and work background,
- Mathematical and statistics skills,
- English language proficiency, and
- The applicant’s ability to contribute to the macroeconomic and financial management and economic development of their countries.
- In addition to the above, the scholarship selection criteria also include qualities such as the candidate’s commitment to public service, willingness to learn, and openness to new ideas.