Speaking of Research Africa Talent Program, Young African scientists now have an opportunity to increase their knowledge and explore scientific research at Wageningen University. The Research Africa Talent Program is offered by Wageningen Graduate School when Young African Scientists apply for a Ph.D. Scholarships.
The aim of the Research Africa Talent Program at Wageningen University is to attract talented scientists from Africa by offering a 4-year, full-time Ph.D. position or the financial equivalent position of a postdoc (2-3 years).
Details of the Research Africa Talent Program
- The Application deadline: June 1, 2022, for applicants and June 13, 2022, for graduate schools
- Benefits of the Research Africa Talent Program: Four-year, full-time Ph.D. position or the financial equivalent position of a postdoc (2-3 years) shall be given to talented African scientists.
- To be taken in: The Wageningen Graduate School, Netherlands.
- Type of Scholarship: Ph.D., postdoc.
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Number of Scholarships: Seven
Requirements for Research Africa Talent Program for Ph.D. Scholars
To be eligible for the Research Africa Talent Program, ensure you read through the eligibility criteria found below.
- The Research Africa Talent Program can only access by Master’s and Ph.D. graduate students having African nationality
Apply Now for Research Africa Talent Program
In applying for a Wageningen scholarship, interested and eligible applicants:
- May visit the official scholarship webpage at: https://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/PhD-Programme/Funding-your-PhD/AfricaTalentProgramme.htm
- Then contact the graduate school-related to their research area for specific information
- The Graduate schools are then required to send their application in one compiled PDF file to [email protected] before 13 June 2022.
It is important to make early contact with the graduate school-related to your research due to the limited scholarship slots.
- The scholarship has a selection committee that receives applications from countries across the African continent, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An applicant is only eligible for a Ph.D. position when the entry requirements: https://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/PhD-Programme/Application.htm of Wageningen University for a Ph.D. are met.
- Candidates awaiting a future Master’s degree can be stated in the application.
- In applying for a postdoc position, candidates must have a recognized doctoral degree or a set date for the Ph.D. award in the near future.
- The selection criteria also require applicants to be fluent in spoken and written scientific English.
- The selection panel allows just professors at Wageningen University to submit an application to the Africa Talent Program. Hence, you must locate a Wageningen professor who will endorse your application
- Also, note that a professor of Wageningen University may only submit one application.
- All submitted applications will be pre-evaluated first by an appropriate Wageningen graduate school (the deadline is on June 1, 2022) with each of the six graduate schools allowed to submit a maximum of three applications.