One of the best provinces in Canada to migrate to is Manitoba, according to the 2021 census, the province houses over 257,620 foreign-born (immigrants), which is 19.7% of the population. If you’re considering immigrating to Canada, you should consider moving to Manitoba.
Manitoba offers a welcoming community, robust job opportunities, and a high quality of life. If you want to immigrate to Manitoba, one of the most popular pathways that immigrants like you have used over the years to successfully migrate to Manitoba is through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).
This article will show you how you can also successfully migrate to this province through this pathway.
What is the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)?
The MPNP is an immigration program that allows the province of Manitoba to nominate individuals and their families to become permanent residents of Canada.
This program is designed to address the specific labor market and economic needs of Manitoba while welcoming newcomers from around the world.
The MPNP has different categories with each category existing to accommodate different skill and labor needs of the province.
Here are the main categories:
Skilled Worker Stream
The Skilled Worker Stream is for individuals with the skills and work experience needed to contribute to Manitoba’s economy.
If you have the skills and work experience needed in Manitoba, you can apply under this category if you meet the other requirements.
To be eligible:
- Connection to Manitoba: You should have a strong connection to Manitoba, such as family or friends in the province, you also need to have work experience or education in Manitoba, or an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the MPNP.
- Education: You must have completed a post-secondary education or training program.
- Work experience: You need a minimum of one year of work experience in a high-demand occupation (Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations list).
- Language proficiency: Language is important, you need to communicate with other workers, so, you need to have the minimum language requirements (English or French).
- Settlement funds: You need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to establish yourself in Manitoba.
Business Investor Stream
You can apply under the Business Investor Stream if you are an entrepreneur and business investor who wants to establish or purchase a business in Manitoba.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Investment: Make a minimum investment in a Manitoba business.
- Business experience: You must have relevant business experience.
- Language proficiency: You must meet the minimum language requirements (English or French).
- Net worth: Possess a minimum net worth.
- Exploratory visit: You need to conduct an exploratory visit to Manitoba.
International Education Stream
This International Education Stream is for you if you are an international student who has graduated from a Manitoba post-secondary institution and you wish to stay in the province.
For you to be eligible, you must meet the requirements below:
- Graduate: You must have completed an eligible program in Manitoba.
- Education: In addition, you must have the required education and training.
- Language proficiency: You also need to meet the minimum language requirements (English or French).
- Connection to Manitoba: Finally, you need to express your intention to live and work in Manitoba.
Family Support Stream
The Family Support Stream allows Manitoba residents to support family members who wish to immigrate to the province.
For you to migrate through this stream, you must have someone (family or genuine friend) who resides in Manitoba, the person can sponsor you to come stay in Manitoba.
Eligible family members include parents, siblings, children, and other relatives.
- Connection to Manitoba: The sponsor (Manitoba resident) must demonstrate their established residence and financial self-sufficiency in Manitoba.
Once you determine your eligibility based on the specific stream, you can follow the steps below to apply and migrate to Manitoba.
- Submit an expression of interest (EOI): Create an online profile and submit an EOI to the MPNP.
- Receive an ITA: If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will receive an ITA to apply to the MPNP.
- Submit your application: Complete and submit your application along with all required documents.
- Nomination: If your application is approved, you will receive a nomination from the MPNP.
- Apply for Permanent Residence: After receiving your nomination, you can then apply for permanent residence through Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Once your permanent residency is approved, you can successfully move to Canada (Manitoba precisely) and contribute to the country and province’s economic and social growth.
How long does the Manitoba Nominee Program take to process?
The processing time for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) varies depending on the stream you choose and your circumstances.
On average, it can take several months to over a year for the entire process, from submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) to receiving a nomination and then applying for permanent residence. There is no specific time limit, it depends on your situation.
How many points do I need for Manitoba PNP?
The minimum points required for the MPNP also depend on your chosen stream, generally, you need to score enough points to be competitive in the pool of candidates.
There isn’t a fixed minimum point requirement, but the higher your score the better your chances.
Who can apply for the Manitoba PNP?
Anyone with a job offer or connections to Manitoba, entrepreneurs, international graduates from Manitoba institutions, and family members of Manitoba residents can apply.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is a great option to achieve your dream of moving to the province but that won’t be possible if you do not meet the requirements of any of the streams.
If you’re a skilled worker, entrepreneur, international student, or family member, check each stream and determine whether you meet the requirements of any stream.
Once you identify your preferred stream, you can send your expression of interest, Manitoba is ready to welcome you if you have the skills they are looking for.
More Related Content
- University of Manitoba Scholarships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- University of Manitoba Scholarships 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- University of Manitoba Financial Aid 2023/2024 – APPLY NOW
- University of Manitoba 2024 International Undergraduate Bursary – Canada
- 2000 Workers Needed in Canada – Apply for Canada Provincial Nominee Program at www.canada.ca