The call for applications for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2024, has been announced, the £500,000 prize award recognizes groundbreaking engineering innovations with global benefits to humanity. With a rich legacy spanning a decade, the QEPrize has honored 20 eminent engineers whose remarkable contributions have had a profound impact on countless lives.
Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2024
As we approach the 10th anniversary of the award, the QEPrize is once again seeking nominations from the public to continue the tradition of excellence and innovation in engineering.
To ensure the utmost fairness and integrity of the award, the QEPrize prohibits self-nomination and posthumous nomination. The focus lies on the collective recognition of those individuals and teams who have made extraordinary contributions to the field of engineering during their lifetimes. It is imperative that nominations are comprehensive and compelling, and articulate the magnitude of the nominee’s achievements.
About Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2024
The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering (QEPrize), serves as a platform to showcase engineering achievements from diverse sectors, emphasizing their significance in solving global challenges and improving the quality of life for people around the world. From advancements in sustainable energy to transformative healthcare technologies, the QEPrize aims to highlight the remarkable breadth and depth of engineering ingenuity.
One of the distinguishing features of the QEPrize is its substantial reward. The winning engineers are collectively awarded £500,000, making it the world’s most prestigious engineering prize. This substantial financial incentive reflects the value and importance of engineering innovations that have the potential to make a significant impact on society and address some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Now, as the QEPrize opens its doors to nominations for the 2024 award, the call for submissions resonates globally. This esteemed recognition is not limited by geographical boundaries. Engineers from every corner of the world are invited to nominate themselves or their peers, making it a truly inclusive celebration of engineering brilliance.
To recognize and celebrate groundbreaking engineering innovations with global benefits to humanity, up to ten (10) engineers will be awarded a £500, 000 prize.
- The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering is open to nominations from around the world
- To ensure the utmost fairness and integrity of the award, the QEPrize prohibits self-nomination and posthumous nomination.
- The focus lies on the collective recognition of those individuals and teams who have made extraordinary contributions to the field of engineering during their lifetimes.
- It is imperative that nominations are comprehensive and compelling, and articulate the magnitude of the nominee’s achievements.
How to Nominate?
- To nominate, visit the nomination site at: https://nominations.qeprize.org/
- Locate the login spaces and enter your details to log in or register
- Note: All information that you provide is confidential.
- For more details, visit the official website at: https://qeprize.org/nominate
The following criteria will be used by the Judges to select winners of the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2024:
- What has the Candidate/Candidates done that is considered groundbreaking in Engineering?
- How and in what ways have these innovations been of benefit to humanity
Application Deadline and Nomination
Time is of the essence for those wishing to submit nominations. The deadline for the 2024 QEPrize nominations is rapidly approaching, with the submission process closing on 14 July 2023. It is crucial to act promptly to seize this unique opportunity to highlight the remarkable achievements of engineers who have the potential to shape our future.
The deadline for referees’ submission of supporting statements is August 11, 2023.
Can I nominate myself for the QEPrize?
No, self-nominations are not allowed. However, you can nominate someone else who has made significant contributions to engineering.
Is a posthumous nomination accepted for the QEPrize?
No, the QEPrize does not accept posthumous nominations. The focus is on recognizing the achievements of living engineers.
Can I nominate an engineer from any country for the QEPrize?
Yes, the QEPrize accepts nominations from anywhere in the world. Engineering brilliance knows no boundaries.
What is the deadline for submitting nominations for the 2024 QEPrize?
The nominations for 2024 QEPrize close on 14 July 2023. Hence, applicants are advised to submit nominations before the deadline.
More Related Content
- Golden Globes Livestream 2021 – Golden Globes Nomination – Golden Globes
- 2022 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships For Masters Students
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024 Fully Funded – Apply Now
- Queen’s University Scholarships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- Africa Food Prize 2023 (Up to $100,000 Prize) – Apply Now