Good news! The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for its PTDF Scholarship Scheme 2023/2024.
Meanwhile, all Interested applicants should please note that the 2023/2024 edition of the PTDF Scholarship applications, will be limited to PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia.
The scholarship’s standards would be maintained at this Institution. Applicants can visit the link below for the full list of sponsored courses and the application portal: https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/
About PTDF Scholarship Scheme
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), has announced the Application Call for Overseas MSc and PhD scholarships to specific programmes at Participating Universities, for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The PTDF Scholarship Scheme was designed to offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe.
All expenses related to studying in the selected Institutions will be covered by the scholarship, these include; the cost of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, full tuition waiver and bench fees (where applicable), and payment of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
Summary of PTDF Scholarship Scheme 2023
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
- Country to study: France, Germany, Malaysia, United Kingdom
- Gender: Men and Women
- Value: Fully Funded
- Eligible Fields: Engineering, Geology, Geosciences, Management, Economics and relevant fields in the petroleum and solid minerals industry.
- Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
About Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
PTDF Is an agency of the Federal Government with the responsibility of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology, in other to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry.
The agency is committed to fostering the development, promotion, and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower development through research and training of Nigerians as graduates, professionals, technicians, and craftsmen in the fields mentioned above.
How to Apply for PTDF Scholarship Scheme 2023?
- Visit the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) webpage on: https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/ to apply
- Please note that the scholarship is for the 2023/2024 academic session and is limited to PTDF partner universities in PTDF partner schools
- These awards will only be issued for studies relevant to PTDF’S mandate; candidates may be disqualified for applying for programs not relevant to the oil and gas industry
- Courses of study must also be related to previous studies
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- For more details, visit PTDF website: https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/guidelines
Eligibility Criteria for PTDF Scholarship Scheme Qualification
- Candidates must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Candidates must have completed the NYSC scheme
- He or She must be computer literate
- Have 5 O/level credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Submit a statement of purpose (500 words max) stating the reason(s) for the proposed study, its relevance to the industry, and its expected impact on national development.
- Candidates should have National Identity Number (NIN) and verification will be required
Documents Required for Application
- Candidate’s First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Proof of membership in professional associations
March 24, 2023.