Have you ever dreamed of sharing your insights, ideas, and experiences through a dynamic podcast? If so, here’s the perfect opportunity you seek – Applications are open for Ufahamu Africa Podcast Fellows Program 2023. The program offers an exceptional opportunity for researchers, journalists, practitioners, and podcasters to engage with and contribute to a unique platform.
What is the Ufahamu Africa Podcast Fellows Program?
The Ufahamu Africa Podcast Fellows Program is a remarkable initiative that invites enthusiastic individuals from various backgrounds to participate as non-resident fellows. These fellows will host and produce four distinct episodes for the Ufahamu Africa podcast while receiving a stipend of $3,500 USD.
The program’s central focus is to provide a platform for diverse voices to share their perspectives, research, and experiences related to Africa’s life, culture, and politics.
The Vision Behind Ufahamu Africa
“Ufahamu” translates to “understanding” or “consciousness” in Kiswahili, encapsulating the essence of the podcast. Co-hosted by Kim Yi Dionne and Rachel Beatty Riedl, Ufahamu Africa aims to expand collective understanding through in-depth interviews with individuals deeply rooted in Africa’s intricate tapestry.
The podcast’s weekly episodes offer insightful interviews, news highlights, and engaging overviews of the continent’s developments.
Benefits of Being an Ufahamu Africa Podcast Fellow
As a Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellow;
- You’re not just a contributor – you’re a valued member of the production team.
- The fellowship comes with a $3,500 stipend, supporting internet data costs and time spent on podcast-related activities.
- Fellows gain access to a network of conferences, both online and in-person, enhancing their research and partnership opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for the Ufahamu Africa Podcast Fellows Program, applicants must meet certain criteria:
- Experience in research and/or media dissemination
- Commitment to open-access knowledge sharing
- Ability to engage with the public on topics related to African life and politics
- Dedication to strengthening African research institutions, universities, and media centers
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Preference for African nationals, scholars, journalists, and content creators
Documents Required for Application
Shortlisted Candidates will need to provide the following documents:
- A personal statement of one-page maximum
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Two-page podcast proposal,
- Voice note or sample audio work
Application Process: How to Become a Fellow?
The application process is designed to understand your perspective and goals, kindly follow the steps below to apply:
- Submit a personal statement (one page), outlining your interest and aspirations.
- Share your resume, highlighting your experience and qualifications.
- Develop a two-page podcast proposal, demonstrating your content ideas and diversity of thought.
- Include a voice note or sample audio work showcasing your podcasting capabilities.
- Submit all documents by the deadline: August 30, 2023.
For further details and to apply, visit the official website of Ufahamu Africa at: http://www.ufahamuafrica.com/call-for-applications-podcast-fellows/
- Application Deadline: August 30, 2023
- Fellowship Start Date: October 2023