For those who are interested in working abroad, an Occupational Therapist Job with Visa Sponsorship is available. These are people who help patients with imperfect flexibility.
However, securing a job as an occupational therapist with visa sponsorship can be a bit challenging, but it’s not impossible. That is why this article is here to guide you through the application process. Keep scrolling down.
Occupational Therapist Job
An occupational therapist is like a special kind of physical therapist. They focus on helping people who have trouble moving around and doing everyday things like walking, eating, and getting dressed. These therapists mainly work with folks who have long-term illnesses, major injuries, or conditions that make moving hard.
Usually, occupational therapists work in places like therapy clinics or treatment rooms in big healthcare centers. Sometimes, they even go to their patients’ houses to give therapy if it’s tough for the patient to get around.
How Much Does an Occupational Therapist Make?
The average salary for an occupational therapist is $48.22 – $76.15 per hour in the United States. While the yearly is $88,647 – $139,981
However, their salary can be higher than it is listed above due to their high level of experience and location.
Salaries By Years Of Experience In The United States
Below are years of experience salary of an Occupational Therapist Job with visa sponsorship in the United States:
|Years of Experience||Per hour|
|Less than 1 year||$30.54|
|1 to 2 years||$43.50|
|3 to 5 years||$48.22|
|6 to 9 years||$60.00|
|More than 10 years||$76.15|
Some Top companies for Occupational Therapists in United States
Well, there are some companies that offer therapists Jobs in the US. However, they also pay very high and offer different benefits you will love. Below are some of the companies so far:
|Name of Companies||Per week salary||Per month||Website|
|Cariant Health Partners||$1,223 – $3,038||$1,465 – $11,626|
|Cross Country Allied||$1,120 – $2,814||$1,505 – $4,314||https://www.crosscountry.com/|
|Allied 24/7||$1,168 – $2,337||$2,210 – $3,798||http://www.allied247.com/|
|EmpowerMe Wellness||$11.00 – $62.45 per hour||$57,017 – $295,918 per year||https://empowerme.com/|
|Host Healthcare||$19.28 – $46.33 per hour||$1,178 – $2,931 per week||http://www.hosthealthcare.com/|
|Reliant Rehabilitation||$12.00 – $130 per hour||$38,000 – $111,363 per year||http://www.reliant-rehab.com/|
|The Stepping Stones Group||$16.00 – $46.36 per hour||$34,986 – $136,935 per year||http://www.thesteppingstonesgroup.com/|
|Encompass Health||$11.40- $47.83||$28,947 – $125,000 per year||http://www.encompasshealth.com/|
Highest paying cities for Occupational Therapists Jobs
Below are some of the highest paying cities to get occupational therapist job with visa sponsorship:
|Cities Name||Salary range per hour||Per Year|
|New York, NY||$63.96 – $63.96||$117,578 – $117,578|
|Brooklyn, NY||$57.96 – $90.99||$117,578 – $167,264|
|Bronx, NY||$53.49 – $86.41||$98,338 – $158,854|
|Houston, TX||$50.99 – $75.47||$93,745 – $138,744|
|Baltimore, MD||$50.34 – $63.81||$92,534 – $117,309|
|Seattle, WA||$48.45 – $66.77||$89,072 – $122,750|
|Atlanta, GA||$48.15 – $71.34||$88,516 – $131,142|
|Aurora, CO||$45.43 – $68.37||$131,142 – $125,696|
|Cincinnati, OH||$40.78 – $56.24||$74,964 – $103,390|
Best-Paying States for Occupational Therapists
The places where Occupational Therapists earn the highest average pay include Nevada (with an average salary of $109,010), California ($105,760), New Jersey ($100,140), Texas ($96,100), and New Mexico ($95,060).
|New Jersey, NJ||$100,140|
|New Mexico, NM||$95,060|
Types Of Occupational Therapist Jobs
Here are the types of occupational therapist jobs you can consider pursuing after completing your BOT:
Occupational Therapist – Children’s
- Pay: £43,742 – £50,056 a year
Occupational therapists help with barriers that affect a person’s emotional, social, and physical needs.
- £42,471 – £50,364 a year
However, they assess, adapt, and suggest wheelchair and seating systems to enable patients to attain the best possible position, enhancing comfort, independence, and overall quality of life.
Senior Occupational Therapist
- Pay: £47,154 – £52,936 a year
Show the capacity to autonomously offer Occupational Therapy support to individuals accessing the Older Adult’s Mental Health Teams, particularly in cases involving intricate needs and various factors affecting their ability to engage in daily activities.
International Occupational Therapist
- Pay: £28,407 – £34,581 a year
In this career, you can work with organizations that assist with refugee resettlement and rehabilitation, human trafficking, or disaster management, to name just a few.
Rotational Occupational Therapist
- Pay: £28,407 – £34,581 a year
The post holder is responsible for providing relevant therapy assessment, diagnosis and treatment, and education and advice to patients, carers and members of the multidisciplinary team.
- $40.41 – $62.34 an hour
Here are some of the things occupational therapists often do in their jobs:
- Create plans to help patients move better or get better at moving.
- Show patients different ways to do daily tasks that are easier for them.
- Help patients do exercises and stretches to make them stronger and more flexible.
- Suggest changes to patients’ homes or workplaces to make them easier to get around.
- Sometimes, they physically assist patients with exercises.
- Team up with other healthcare workers and families to make sure patients get the help they need.
- Keep an eye on how patients are doing and change their plans if needed to help them improve.
Furthermore, there are some requirements needed from you to be quality. Below are some of them:
- Minimum Education Needed: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Mandatory License/Certification: You must have a current license from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies to work as an Occupational Therapist.
- Minimum Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience.
Aside from a high-paying salary, there are benefits to enjoy once you are into this work. Below are some of them so far:
- Pulled from the full job description
- 403(b) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Loan forgiveness
- Loan repayment program
- Paid time off
- Pet insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Visa Sponsorship
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Wellness Program
How to Apply
To apply for an Occupational Therapist job with Visa Sponsorship, follow these steps:
Research job opportunities at visa-sponsoring healthcare institutions.
- Ensure you meet job qualifications, including education and licensure.
- Customize your resume and write a persuasive cover letter.
- Identify visa-sponsoring employers or use specialized recruitment agencies.
- Apply online, providing all required documents.
- Prepare for interviews, emphasizing your qualifications and willingness to relocate.
- Secure a job offer contingent on visa sponsorship.
- Collaborate with the employer’s HR or immigration department for visa paperwork.
- Seek legal advice to understand the visa application process.
- Submit the visa application with the necessary documents to the relevant government agency.
- Be patient while waiting for visa approval, which may take months.
- Plan for relocation, including housing and transportation.
- Begin your Occupational Therapist job with visa sponsorship, maintaining communication with relevant authorities.
Types of Visas Needed for Occupational Therapist Job
Occupational Therapists seeking employment in another country typically require work visas or relevant immigration status to legally work there. The specific visa types can vary by country, but here are common ones:
- H-1B Visa (United States): Often used for highly skilled workers in the U.S., including healthcare professionals like Occupational Therapists.
- Skilled Worker or Work Visa (Canada): Canada offers various work visa options based on skill and qualifications, such as the Express Entry system for skilled workers.
- Tier 2 (General) Visa (United Kingdom): Occupational Therapists may apply for this visa to work in the UK if sponsored by an eligible employer.
- 457/482 Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Australia): This visa allows skilled workers to work temporarily in Australia, often sponsored by healthcare employers.
- Skilled Migrant or Essential Skills Visa (New Zealand): Occupational Therapists can apply for these visas based on their qualifications and the country’s skill shortages.
- Sponsored or Skilled Occupation Visa (Various Countries): Different countries have their own skilled worker or occupation-specific visa categories that Occupational Therapists can apply for, usually requiring sponsorship by an employer.
- J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa (Various Countries): Occupational Therapists may use this visa for cultural exchange programs or research opportunities in some countries, but it may have limitations on long-term employment.
Where to Apply Online
There are different online sites to apply for this job with visa sponsorship. However, below are some reliable sources with direct links to apply:
You can go through the article above and see the benefits and requirements needed to apply for the job. However, you can get on the link above and apply for your choice of Occupational Therapist Job with visa sponsorship.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- OSHA Opens Investigation on the Deadly Amazon Warehouse Collapse in Illinois
- Massage Therapist Job with Visa Sponsorship In USA – Apply Now
- Gender Therapist Online – How Much Does Online Therapy Cost
- Massage Therapist Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship – How to Apply!
- Spa Therapist Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship – How to Apply Now