If you are skilled and qualified in the art of massage therapy, having a massage therapist job in USA with VISA Sponsorship is a very good opportunity to move into the USA for work purposes.
The steps required to take to get this result are very simple. Read this full article to know what VISA sponsorship entails and how to get good employment in this field In the United States of America (USA).
Massage Therapist Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship
VISA sponsorship is the process whereby employers in USA sign documents to allow a foreigner to move into the country to work in their company.
Usually, the employer takes over full sponsorship of the foreigner’s journey to USA for employment in their company.
Many employers are willing to have foreign employees in their companies because of the unwillingness of American citizens to take on certain positions.
Therefore, if you have all the qualifications and skills required to become a massage therapist, you can look for a massage therapist job with a VISA sponsorship in the USA. We are going to show you how to go through the process of application in a bit.
First off, let’s have a very good understanding of the term “massage therapists”, what their duties and responsibilities are and what skills are required to apply for such jobs.
Who Is a Massage Therapist?
A massage is a specialist that treats people by applying pressure to the soft tissues of the body and joints.
They knead muscles and other soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for injuries and promote general wellness.
Types Of Massage Therapists
There are different types of massage therapists’ jobs such as listed below;
Clinical Massage Therapist
This is a type of massage therapy done in clinics. The therapists here use lots of massage techniques to treat a variety of injuries and conditions.
Here, massage therapy is taken as a therapeutic medicine. It has been proven to help relieve muscular aches and pains, and stiffness and stimulate the circulation of blood to the body.
The therapists In this field work with patients to restore mobility through the use of movement and manipulation.
The average annual salaries of these workers range from $50,050 to $64,230. The hourly wage ranges from $26 to $29 per hour.
Fitness/Sports Massage Therapists
This is the type of massage therapy done for sports and fitness. The massage therapist in this field focuses on soft tissue areas of the body to treat and prevent muscle and ligament strains. These strains are gotten rid of through the use of stretching and deep compression massage.
To work in this field, you must be in very good shape too. The average annual salary of fitness and sports massage therapists ranges from $66,053 to $99,902. The average hourly rate of these workers ranges from $33 to $35.
Spa/Salon Massage Therapist
These professionals perform their functions in spas or salons. They use their fingers to apply pressure to various areas of the body such as the feet to relieve nervous tension and achieve balance.
They use fragranced oils and lotions during their massage process to affect the mood of their clients and promote general well-being.
This type of job is not without its own rewards. The average annual salary of these workers ranges from $40,000 to $45,000. The hourly rate ranges from $12 – $26.
Salary Of Massage Therapists in USA
The salary of these workers depends on lots of factors such as location, type of company, qualifications, and skills. Your salary as a massage therapist in USA can range from as low as $40,000 to as high as $100,000.
Job Outlook of Massage Therapists
Massage therapy is a very good job for the future. The outlook for this job looks impressive. This means that harnessing an opportunity in this field will be beneficial in the long run.
The employment of massage therapists is projected to have a growth rate of 20% from 2021 to 2031. This is higher than most professions In USA.
Qualifications And Skills Required to Become A Massage Therapist in USA
To perform the job of massage therapist effectively, you must have the following work qualities;
- Good communication skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Empathy or compassion
- Interpersonal skills
- Strength and physical stamina
- Time management skills.
Qualifications Required to Become a Massage Therapist
To become a qualified massage therapist, you must have completed a certificate or degree program from an accredited massage therapy school. Or you must have successfully passed a state-sanctioned massage therapy exam.
This means that you must have gone through this process;
- Completed the coursework and hands-on massage training through a massage certificate program.
- You must have passed a licensing examination.
- You will need to apply for a license in the state you wish to practice.
Duties/Responsibility for Massage Therapist Jobs In USA
The major duties of a massage therapist are;
- These people discuss with their clients to know issues bothering them, symptoms, medical history, and other important issues.
- Massage therapists conduct a check on the body of clients to locate the tense or painful parts, before and after massage sessions.
- They tenderly manipulate necessary parts of the body of clients such as muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues to please their clients.
- They guide patients with activities that will help them improve their posture such as stretching, strengthening, etc.
- Massage therapists document the conditions and progress of their clients. They record notes on clients and other related tasks.
Benefits Of Massage Therapist Jobs In USA
Here are some of the benefits of taking on this career path;
- You become a professional in one of the most in-demand skills in USA.
- There are multiple areas of speciality to go into.
- It’s not hard to get a job here.
- This job has a very good earning potential
- The job is flexible. You can make your own work schedule.
- There is less stress involved in this job.
Find Massage Therapy Jobs in USA Online
The world is a global village and many things are possible nowadays compared to before. For example, you can find a VISA sponsorship job in the USA from your home country online.
This is particularly the best way to get a job since you may not be physically present to submit applications.
To find a massage therapy job in USA with VISA sponsorship, apply online, through the following Global job listing websites;
- Zip recruiter
- Google for jobs
How To Apply for Massage Therapist Jobs In USA
The best way to apply for a massage therapy job in USA from your home country is to apply online. The competition for jobs in USA is increasing as a result of the high amount of people applying for jobs at the same time. If you want to stand out in the midst of other applicants, follow the steps below;
- First of all, prepare all related certifications, and documents required for applying for this job.
- After that, prepare a USA-standard resume and curriculum vitae.
- Now, visit the various websites listed above and search for Massage therapist jobs in USA with VISA Sponsorship.
- From the results given, visit the major websites and study the various requirements to make sure you are fully qualified for the job you are applying for.
- Now, submit applications according to the various instructions given on the website.
- Now, expect a call from the recruiting agency.
If you are qualified for the job, you will be contacted by the recruiting agency for an interview.
Massage Therapist Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
Now that you are done with the application process, the best step to take is to make sure you are prepared for a virtual interview.
One of the best ways to prepare for an interview is to study past interview questions and the best way they should be answered.
Here are some sample interview questions for massage therapists;
- What types of massage techniques are you familiar with?
- How long can you be on your feet doing massages?
- How many massages can you do back-to-back?
- Do you interact with your clients when you are massaging?
- How would you handle a client that makes an inappropriate comment during a massage?
- What is your philosophy about healing and massage working together?
- What will you do if a client asked for a deep tissue massage but started making sounds as if they were in pain?
VISA Required for Massage Therapist Job In USA
If you want to work as a massage therapist in USA, you will need an H1B VISA. The H1B VISA is the type of VISA that is used by specialists whose profession requires some sort of certification for employment. It is a temporary VISA that can be sponsored by employers in USA.
Where You Can Work as A Massage Therapist In USA
As a massage therapist, there are lots of places you can work. You can work part-time and full-time depending on your type of employment and the size of your client scale.
Here is a list of the best possible places you can work as a massage therapist;
- Cruise ships
- Rehabilitation clinics
- Health and wellness centres.
How Do You Find A Job To Sponsor You In The USA?
Here are some top ways to find an H1B VISA sponsorship in USA;
- Go to an H1B database and look for a job
- Apply for a job and get an offer.
- Find an internship
- Look for some boutique consulting companies
- Look for a Global consulting company
- Find a job at a University in the United States of America.
Which Country is Best for Massage Therapists?
The best and most welcoming country for a massage therapist in Thailand. Other countries such as USA also appreciate these specialists.
Who can Sponsor me to USA?
You can also be sponsored by a U.S citizen or permanent resident who must be at least 18 years. Such a person must be living in the USA.
What Is the Easiest Way To Immigrate To USA?
The easiest way to get a Green Card in USA is through the USA government’s annual gift card lottery.
CHECK THIS OUT: