Are you a massage therapist searching for Massage Therapist Job with Visa Sponsorship In the USA? There is no need to look any further! In this post, we’ll look at massage therapist career prospects in the United States that require visa sponsorship.
We’ll walk you through the process of finding a job and securing a work visa, whether you’re a new graduate, an experienced therapist, or an overseas candidate.
Massage Therapist Job with Visa Sponsorship In USA
From the perks of working as a massage therapist in the United States to the many sorts of visas available, we’ll cover everything you need to know to get started in the United States. So, let’s get this party started!
Who is a Massage Therapist
Massage therapists examine the body’s soft tissues and joints to treat and prevent dysfunction, injury, pain, and physical disorders. Massage therapists work in a variety of settings, including private practice, group or team practices, hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, spas, rehabilitation centers, and educational institutions.
Types of Massage Therapists
There are different types of massage therapists in the USA. Some of them are;
Clinical Massage is amonge the Massage Therapist Job with Visa Sponsorship In USA. However, Therapists perform a type of massage therapy in clinics, utilizing various techniques to address injuries and conditions. The therapy is considered medicinal, with proven benefits in relieving muscular pain and stiffness and enhancing blood circulation. Therapists work directly with patients to restore mobility through manipulation and movement. However, the annual salaries in this field range from $50,050 to $64,230, with an hourly wage of $26 to $29.
Fitness and Sports Massage Therapists
Fitness and Sports Massage Therapists specialize in massage therapy for sports and fitness, with a focus on treating and preventing muscle and ligament strains. This is achieved through stretching and deep compression massage techniques. Physical fitness is essential for practitioners in this field. Annual salaries range from $66,053 to $99,902, with an hourly rate of $33 to $35.
Spa and Salon Massage Therapists
Spa and Salon Massage Therapists provide massage services in spas and salons. They apply pressure to different parts of the body, such as the feet, to relieve nervous tension and promote balance. They also use fragranced oils and lotions to affect their clients’ moods and enhance their overall well-being. Annual salaries in this field range from $40,000 to $45,000, with an hourly rate of $12 to $26.
Highest Paying Cities for Massage Therapists
There is no doubt that the salaries of every profession vary according to the location of the company. In case you have a choice of where to work, these are the examples of places to consider;
- Anchorage, Alaska – $95,200 to $97,300
- Kalamazoo, Michigan – $72,980 to $76,000
- Bremerton, Washington – $72,850 to $76,300
- Eugene, Oregon – $70,990 to $75,000
- Bridgeport, Connecticut – $70,230 to $74,000
Massage Therapists Salary According to Years of Experience
The pay of massage therapists also varies according to the amount of experience possessed. The explanation below shows the various tiers:
Entry-Level Massage Therapist Salary
As an entry-level massage therapist with 0-5 years of experience, you can expect to earn an average annual salary of $30,000 to $45,000. However, the salary may vary depending on your location and the type of employer you work for. For instance, working in a high-end spa or wellness center may offer a higher salary compared to working in a small massage studio.
Mid-Level Massage Therapist Salary
A mid-level massage therapist with 5-10 years of experience can earn an average annual salary of $45,000 to $65,000. With more experience, you may be able to negotiate a higher salary or hourly rate. You may also have the opportunity to advance to management or leadership roles, which often offer higher salaries and benefits.
Experienced Massage Therapist Salary
As an experienced massage therapist with over 10 years of experience, you can earn an average annual salary of $65,000 to $100,000. This salary range may vary based on factors such as location, type of employer, and additional certifications or specialties. For instance, a massage therapist with a specialty in medical massage may earn a higher salary compared to a general massage therapist.
Requirements and Skills for Massage Therapist Jobs
To become a massage therapist, you must have the following skills and qualifications:
- 500 hours of massage therapy training
- A current massage therapy certification is required.
- At least four years of professional massage therapy experience is required. Experience working in a spa is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication abilities
- Capabilities in time management
- Sales and customer service abilities must be demonstrated.
Duties and Responsibilities of Massage Therapists
The duties and responsibilities of a massage therapist include:
- By appointment, provide 30–60-minute massages to clients.
- Guide clients through the service offerings and determine which massages would be most beneficial to them.
- Take a thorough client history and make a note of any medical conditions.
- Assess clients to identify painful or stressed areas of the body and advise them on stretching, strengthening, or relaxation techniques.
- Clients should be recommended future massage appointments and a massage regime.
- Listen to your clients during appointments and adjust your technique as needed.
Extra benefits of Having a Massage therapist Job
Some extra benefits you can get from massage therapy jobs are;
- Health insurance
- Paid time off.
Where to find Massage Therapist Jobs
Some of the best resources to search for massage therapists’ jobs are:
How to Apply for Massage Therapist jobs
It is simple to apply for a visa job; the job usually includes a free visa. However, you can only do this if you have a job offer. To apply for a visa job, follow the steps outlined below.
- Examine your qualifications for the job.
- Create an organized CV and cover letter.
- To find a job in the United States that interests you, use any of the online job search platforms.
- After you have completed your job search, you must wait for the employer to review your documents to determine whether you are qualified for the position.
- If you meet the qualifications, you should be offered a job.
- The employer will submit a job application to USICS.
Where Do Massage Therapists Work?
As a massage therapist, you can work in the following places:
- Offices of health practitioner
- Massage parlors.
Visa Options for Massage Therapists
Here are the types of visa options to consider in this case.
The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers in specialty occupations, including massage therapists. To qualify for an H-1B visa, you must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a related field and the job must require someone with that level of education. The H-1B visa is valid for up to three years and can be extended for an additional three years.
The J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that is often used for cultural exchange programs, including work and study programs. However, some massage therapy employers offer J-1 visas to foreign massage therapists as part of a cultural exchange program. The J-1 visa is valid for up to 18 months, with the option to extend it for an additional 18 months.
The TN visa is a non-immigrant visa available to Canadian and Mexican citizens who are employed in certain professional occupations, including massage therapists. To qualify for a TN visa, you must have a job offer from a U.S. employer and meet the specific requirements for the occupation. The TN visa is valid for up to three years and can be renewed indefinitely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Sponsor Me In USA?
All sponsors must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, at least 18 years old, and living in the United States (including territories and possessions).
Can I get a US work visa without sponsorship?
Yes, it is possible to obtain a work visa in the United States without the sponsorship of an employer. This is possible with three different types of visas: EB-1, O-1, and EB-5. An immigration lawyer can assist you in obtaining one of these visas.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Massage Therapist Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship – How to Apply!
- Massage Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now!
- Gender Therapist Online – How Much Does Online Therapy Cost
- Spa Therapist Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship – How to Apply Now
- Gender Therapist – Questions Clients Should Ask a Potential Gender Therapist