Applications are now open for the Chevening LSE Fellowship 2023! The Fellowship Program is hosted by the London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE). This Call for applications closes on the 7th of November 2023. Meanwhile, the LSE fellowship program is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office.
Through several research fellowship programs, the British Embassy and British Consulates-General in China collaborate closely with a number of renowned Chinese organizations and top UK universities, to provide assistance for the mid-career fellow’s professional growth in key subject fields.
Chevening LSE Fellowship Programme structure
Chevening LSE Fellowship recipients may work on a specific research topic at the London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE) for up to three, six, or nine months. According to their research interests, LSE fellows are hosted in a department, institute, or center and given a research adviser.
Furthermore, fellows are required to conduct research while they are at the LSE and finish a paper, which is subsequently presented at the LSE at the conclusion of the time period covered by the fellowship.
Eligible Sectors for the Chevening LSE Fellowship
The fellowship covers the field of social sciences, but places emphasis on the following areas:
- International relations
- Public policy and administration,
- Public diplomacy
- Social, economic, and environmental policy
- Development issues and
- Research proposal.
Benefits of Chevening LSE Fellowship
Chevening LSE Fellowship offers fellows the following benefits:
- Full coverage of the programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship will be covered
- Provision of Return economy airfare from China to the UK
- An Allowance package for research-related activities
- Fellows will have access to a programme of cultural events and activities organized by the FCDO and the Chevening Secretariat
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening LSE Fellowship 2023
To be considered for the Chevening London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE) Fellowship, applicants must:
- Accept to follow all applicable rules and requirements for the program.
- Be a resident in China, be a citizen of China, and have the intention of returning there upon completing the study period.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification or comparable professional training at the time of application
- Have gained considerable and meaningful professional experience through five or more years of employment.
- Not possess a second nationality (dual citizenship) where one is British (apart from those individuals listed in the Chevening Guidance for Applicants who are exempt from this criterion);
- Not be employed by His Majesty’s Government, including the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, all British Embassies, and High Commissions, or have worked there within the past two years from the opening of Chevening applications.
- Employees, former employees, and relatives of employees of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply.
- Parents, step-parents, siblings, children, stepchildren, spouses, civil partners, and unmarried partners (if the couple has been in a relationship that is analogous to marriage or a civil partnership for at least two years) are all considered to be relatives.
How to Apply for Chevening LSE Fellowship 2023?
To apply for Chevening LSE Fellowship 2023;
- Kindly visit the official page at https://www.chevening.org/fellowship/lse/
- Once the page is accessed, click the ‘Apply Today’ button located just before the benefits section
- Enter your email and password to proceed with your application. If you’re a new user, first register an account.
The Application Timeline
Key Chevening LSE Fellowship dates include;
- Closing date for submissions: November 7th, 2023
- Applicants shortlisting for interviews: Mid-November to December 2023.
More Related Content
- Fully Funded LSE & UCT Double Degree Masters Scholarships – How to Apply Now
- Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship 2023/2024 For African Students | Tuition Fee Waiver
- LSE JournalismAI Academy for Small Newsrooms 2023 – Apply Now
- Applying for Chevening Scholarships UK
- Chevening Scholarship Program 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!