The United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship is a prestigious program that offers advanced training on ocean affairs and the law of the sea, along with related disciplines such as marine science, to government officials and mid-level professionals from developing countries. This fellowship aims to enhance the participants’ understanding of international legal frameworks, key issues in ocean affairs, and best practices.
Nippon Foundation Fellowship is a unique opportunity for individuals from developing states to receive specialized training in ocean affairs and the law of the sea. The fellowship program, sponsored by the United Nations and the Nippon Foundation, aims to build capacity among professionals who play a crucial role in formulating and implementing policies related to ocean governance.
Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023
The fellowship program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers various aspects of ocean affairs, including legal frameworks, marine science, and management frameworks. The objectives Include:
- Enhancing Knowledge of International Legal Frameworks
- Exploring Key Issues in Ocean Affairs
- Developing Professional Skills
- Conducting Individual Research
- Thesis Development
To be considered for the Nippon Foundation Fellowship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The required age range for Applicants is 25 and 40 years.
- Candidates must possess a university degree and show the capacity to undertake independent advanced academic research and study.
- Applicants must be mid-level professionals working for a national government organ of a developing state or another governmental or non-governmental agency involved in ocean affairs.
- The candidate’s professional position should enable them to directly assist their country in formulating and implementing policies related to ocean affairs and the law of the sea.
- The proposed research and study program is expected to contribute to the formulation of ocean affairs and the law of the sea policies and programs in the candidate’s country of origin. The research topic should align with the candidate’s national priorities and addresses critical challenges or gaps in their country’s ocean governance.
- Fellows must be free of all non-Fellowship obligations throughout the entire duration of the program unless authorized otherwise by the Division.
How to Apply for Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023
Interested applicants for the United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 must complete an online application and provide all the required documents by the application deadline. The application process involves the following steps:
- Visit the official fellowship website application portal on: https://www.un.org/oceancapacity/content/apply-now
- Fill the online application form and upload the necessary documents,
- Review the application to ensure all information is correct and complete.
- Submit the application once the above steps are completed successfully
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there an age limit for the United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship?
Yes, applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 40 years to be eligible for the fellowship.
What is the required educational qualification for the fellowship?
Applicants should have successfully completed a first university degree and demonstrate the capacity to undertake advanced academic research and study.
Can non-governmental professionals apply for the fellowship?
Yes, mid-level professionals from non-governmental agencies involved in ocean affairs can apply, provided their work directly contributes to the formulation and implementation of ocean policies.
What is the duration of the fellowship?
The duration of the fellowship is specified by the program and will be communicated to selected candidates.
More Related Content
- United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 – Apply Now
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships
- Amazon Confirms Second Prime Day Event For 2022
- Free Online Technology Courses: How to Enroll for Free Online Technology Courses