We are pleased to inform you that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has just recently announced the Application Call for the NCC Annual Innovation Competition 2023 for Young Nigerians.
This is an effort by the NCC to maintain its strategic intent as captured in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS 2020-2030) pillar 8 indigenous Content Development and Adoption.
The Nigerian Communications Commission is committed to promoting innovation for the sustainability and continuous development of the Nigerian Communications Industry. To achieve this, the NCC invites Eligible Startups, Tech Hubs, Investors and the ICT ecosystem to participate in the third edition of the Annual Innovation Competition.
The theme for NCC Annual Innovation Competition 2023 is Utilizing Indigenous Digital Solutions to Bridge the Digital Divide. Nigerian youths are thus encouraged to engage in innovative developments for the telecoms industry and improve the nation’s ability to compete at the global level.
Details of the NCC Annual Innovation Competition
- Type: Innovation Competition
- Organization: Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
- Country: Nigeria
- Gender: Men and Women
- Target: Nigerian Tech Hubs and Startups
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
About Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
With a Mission to support a market-driven Communications industry and promote universal access, the Nigerian Communications Commission is the independent National Regulatory Authority for the telecommunications industry in Nigeria.
NCC is vested with the responsibility for creating an enabling environment for competition among operators in the industry as well as ensuring the provision of qualitative and efficient telecommunications services throughout the country.
The commission has earned a reputation as a leading Telecom regulatory agency in Africa in the last few years. It hopes to enhance the use of ICT for different aspects of national development. Since its inception, the Commission has initiated programs such as State Accelerated Broadband Initiative (SABI) and Wire Nigeria Project (WIN).
These programs were initiated to help stimulate demand and accelerate the uptake of ICT tools and services necessary for the enthronement of a knowledge society in Nigeria.
Financial Benefits of NCC Annual Innovation Competition
- Selected Tech Hubs and Startups with the best three Innovative prototypes will receive cash Prizes of N2 million, N1.5 million and N1 million, respectively.
- There will be Consolation prizes for other competitors.
- Competitors will have Accommodation provided for four (4) nights.
How to Apply for the NCC Annual Innovation Competition 2023?
- The applications process is to be completed ONLINE via the NCC website at: https://ncc.gov.ng/ictinnovation2023/
- Please note that there is no cost to participating in the competition and you will retain full control and ownership of your technology.
- Each selected Team will register and submit the required documents listed in this post
Eligibility Criteria for NCC Annual Innovation Competition Qualification
Ideal Technology Hubs and Startups participating in the competition are required to submit proposals that meet the following criteria for consideration:
- The project must be seen to be relevant to ICT/Telecommunication industry.
- Ideal participants must be duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Have proof of concept (feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, etc.).
- The Novelty of the project.
- The pitched idea must show clear commercial sustainability and profitability framework.
- Capacity for indigenous and Team diversity and to develop and support the solution.
Documents Required for Application
- Executive Summary of the project concept (4 pages)
- Video of the pilot project (5-7 minutes)
- Team Member’s Name, Contact details, passport photos and profile
January 15, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT: