The Minority Africa Fellowship aims to create a more inclusive and diverse African media landscape. Minority Africa is a renowned digital publication using data-driven multimedia journalism to tell minority stories from across the African Continent.
The Minority Africa Fellowship aims at journalists and storytellers from African minority groups, providing them with the needed platform, skill, and mentorship to report stories from and about their communities.
The Fellowship is a paid six-month internship paid Program in which fellows will advance on their already existing reporting abilities both from a skill and thematic perspective. However, they will also be trained on areas and groups of focus for the fellowship.
In other words, fellows are taught and complete the Program with the knowledge of how to cover groups outside of the immediate communities they belong to. In addition, they’re being trained by journalists from the Minority Africa newsroom as well as a network of journalists who have worked across the continent.
Details of Minority Africa Fellowship
- Organization: Minority Africa
- Country: Africa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 30, 2023
- Location: The program is entirely virtual
- Duration: The first cohort runs from May to October 2023.
- Focus Group: The focus groups include; Women, Sexual, Gender, Ethnic, and Religious minorities, Persons with Disabilities, migrants, asylum seekers, as well as refugees.
Benefits/Rewards of Minority Africa Fellowship Minority Africa Fellowship 2023
- Fellows will receive a monthly allowance, and an internet stipend and Minority Africa will cover intra-country travel related to the coverage of stories.
- During the Minority Africa fellowship, fellows will have deep insight into the editorial guidelines of Minority Africa and will work and report on stories for publication.
- Fellows will be paired with external mentors, work with editors in the newsroom, and are required to produce at least two stories every month.
- Fellows are expected to have published 12 stories on Minority Africa by the end of the program.
How to Apply for Minority Africa Fellowship 2023 for African Journalists and Storytellers
The application process for the Minority Africa Fellowship is online. All Interested and qualified candidates should visit the Minority Africa Fellowship on: https://iz7qy8is114.typeform.com/minorityafrica to apply
For more details, visit the MAF website at: https://fellowship.minorityafrica.org/overview/
Eligibility Criteria for Minority Africa Fellowship Minority Africa Fellowship Qualification
- Fellows must meet the age requirement of a minimum of 18 years of age
- Fellows must be Africans living in an African country and belong to at least one of the minority groups highlighted in the focus areas
- The Fellowship is open to writers, photographers, filmmakers, and journalists with relevant and provable work experience in their chosen areas.
January 30, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Spring 2023 In Germany Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- Shanghai Government Scholarship Program 2023 for International Students Fully-funded – Apply Now!
- IHS Towers Technical Skills Acquisition Program 2023 for Early Career Engineers – Apply Now!
- Einstein Fellowship 2023/2024 in Germany Fully Funded – Apply Now!