The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programme 2024-25 at the University of Oxford in the UK is an opportunity to excel in your chosen field of study. The Ertegun Scholarships in the Humanities are designed to identify and support the brightest minds from around the world.
This scholarship program was established in honor of Mica Ertegun’s vision and aims to nurture future leaders in various humanities disciplines. Do you have your sights set on a full-time graduate course at Oxford and plan to start in September 2024? If so, this scholarship is timely for you.
Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Benefits
If you are awarded the Ertegun Graduate Scholarship, you can expect the following benefits:
- Full coverage of your course fees throughout your study period.
- A generous annual grant of approximately £18,622 to cover living expenses while studying at Oxford.
- Exclusive access to Ertegun House, a space dedicated to scholars for writing, research, and participation in academic and social activities.
Eligibility Criteria for Ertegun Graduate Scholarship 2024-25
- This scholarship is open to students from any country across the globe.
- You must be applying for a new graduate (Master’s degree) course at the University of Oxford in one of the selected fields mentioned below.
- Candidates must fulfill the admission criteria for their chosen course at the University of Oxford.
- Ensure you meet the language requirements for your chosen course.
List of Eligible Fields
The Ertegun Scholarships cover a wide range of humanities disciplines, including:
- Classics (including classical archaeology).
- English Language and Literature.
- DPhil in Contemporary Art History and Theory only
- History of Art and the History of Architecture
- Linguistics, Philology, and Phonetics.
- Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature).
- Theology and Religion.
- Asia and Middle East Studies.
- Comparative Literature and Critical Translation.
Application Process for the Ertegun Graduate Scholarship 2024-25
- Complete the online application form for admission to your preferred course at the University of Oxford. Please ensure you meet the application deadline, which is January 5, 2024, for most courses.
- When submitting your application for your chosen course, select ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarships in the Humanities’ in the Funding Section of the University’s Graduate Application Form.
- Some courses managed by the Social Sciences Division are also eligible, so check if your course falls under this category.
- Prepare a supporting statement and upload it as a PDF document alongside your Graduate Application Form.
- Don’t forget to submit all other required supporting documents based on your chosen course’s specifications.
Click this link to apply: https://www.ertegun.ox.ac.uk/scholarships
Who is eligible for the Ertegun Scholarships?
The Ertegun Scholarships are open to students from any country worldwide who are pursuing a new graduate (Master’s degree) course at the University of Oxford in select humanities fields.
How long does the scholarship cover my course fees?
The scholarship covers the entire duration of your chosen course, which is typically one year. If your course extends beyond a year, the scholarship can be renewed annually based on your academic progress.
What is the annual grant amount for living costs?
Successful applicants will receive an annual grant of approximately £18,622 to cover their living expenses while studying at Oxford.
More Related Content
- Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- British Academy Global Innovation Fellowships 2023 – APPLY NOW
- School Programs in Canada – Canada School Programs and Area of Study – Study in Canada
- Canadian International Conference on Humanities & Social Sciences
- The Top 10 Business Applications of Excel