Apply for the Mastercard Foundation Programme at the University of Cambridge If you’re a young African with dreams of furthering your education and contributing to climate resilience and sustainability.
This fully funded scholarship program is currently open for applications for the 2024/2025 academic year. Read on to explore the details of this programme including the eligibility criteria, benefits, and how you can apply.
Mastercard Foundation Programme Overview
The Mastercard Foundation Programme at the University of Cambridge is designed to provide talented students from Africa with fully-funded opportunities to complete their master’s training.
The programme goes beyond academics and aims to nurture transformative leadership while emphasizing contributions to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa and the world at large.
The program offers scholarships that span various disciplines at Cambridge, except for the following business courses: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Corporate Law (MCL), and Master of Finance (MFin).
About the Mastercard Foundation
The Mastercard Foundation envisions a world where everyone, regardless of their starting point in life, has an equal chance to succeed.
They believe that access to education, financial services, and skills training can empower economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life.
Eligibility Criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Programme
To be considered eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Programme 2024-25 at the University of Cambridge, you must meet the following criteria:
- You’re expected to be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can show temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return, or unless you have been displaced.
- You must be applying for a Master’s course of up to one year in length at the University of Cambridge.
The important dates you need to keep in mind are as follows:
- Applications Open: 1st September 2023
- Application and Funding Deadline: Depending on your course – either early December 2023 or early January 2023
- Academic Assessment (Departmental): December 2023 – February 2024
- Selection of Mastercard Foundation Scholars: Late February 2024
- Scholarships Offered: March 2024
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Programme
Do you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying, visit the Mastercard Foundation website at https://www.mastercardfoundation.fund.cam.ac.uk/apply/how-apply to start your application process.
The application process begins with an application for admission to the University of Cambridge via the course directory.
Be sure to complete this step by the funding deadline of your chosen course.
For more details about this program, please visit the University of Cambridge at https://www.mastercardfoundation.fund.cam.ac.uk/news/applications-20242025-academic-year-are-now-open
January 5, 2024.