In this blog post, we’ll explore the unique features of the MBA program at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School. So, if you’re considering pursuing an MBA degree, the University of Cambridge Judge Business School is undoubtedly the name that’s crossed your mind.
Known for its rigorous academics, exceptional faculty, and outstanding facilities, this prestigious institution offers an unparalleled learning experience for those seeking to further their business education.
MBA at University of Cambridge Judge Business School
This write-up will include its curriculum, teaching methods, and career opportunities. Whether you’re a prospective student, a recent graduate, or simply curious about the world of business education, this post is sure to offer valuable insights and information. So, sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and let’s dive into the world of the MBA at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School.
The University of Cambridge Judge Business School
Located in the heart of Cambridge, England, the Judge Business School boasts a rich history of academic excellence and innovation. Its MBA program is particularly renowned, attracting top talent from around the world and providing students with a comprehensive and well-rounded education that prepares them for leadership roles in a variety of industries.
Who Should Apply for an MBA at the University of Cambridge Business School
This business school prefers to want candidates for this MBA degree who:
- Have had academic success in the past
- Are driven and ambitious, perform well under pressure, and have previously demonstrated a clear professional path.
- having gained foreign experience through their employment, have a global perspective, are self-assured, tenacious, inventive, and creative, and possess good interpersonal and collaborative abilities.
The school wants to make sure that each year’s group of MBA students is diverse. To do that, they need to ensure that all students can handle the challenging academic standards of the University of Cambridge. Additionally, their previous work experience should be adequate to contribute fully to the MBA program.
However, they understand that there are different ways to assess a student’s suitability. Therefore, the school has decided to take a comprehensive approach to evaluate an applicant’s overall profile.
As a result, applications are welcome from non-standard cases that have a solid profile and application but may not meet one of the specific requirements.
Minimum Requirements for an MBA at Cambridge
The minimum requirements for getting an MBA at Cambridge are;
An Undergraduate Degree
You must possess a strong 2:1 honors degree on the UK grading scale or an abroad institution’s equivalent grade.
We will still take into account your application if you do not achieve this condition, but we will need to see a strong GMAT or GRE score. Even though it is not necessary, you might mention your master’s degree in your application if you have one.
By the beginning of the intake for which you are applying, you must have at least two years of work experience.
Six years of professional experience is the current class average.
A very Good GMAT/GRE Score
To apply to Cambridge, you must take the GMAT or GRE. The school does not request a precise scoring range, however, this year’s median GMAT score was 700 and the mid-80% range is 630-740. Their average GMAT score was around 687.
The institution code for our GMAT is WF1-T3-68. At the time of application, your GMAT or GRE score must still be valid (scores are good for five years).
Please be aware that score reports sent in by mail cannot be accepted on paper. Please make sure they can get your official score report online so they can validate it.
To apply for this year’s MBA program, you must have a reference from a supervisor. Academic references or references from relatives will not be accepted.
The Ability to Finance Your MBA
You must also be able to fund your MBA. Do not wait to get into the program before looking for funds.
To enroll in the MBA program, you must apply for a student visa if you are a citizen of a country other than the UK or Ireland.
To find out if you need a visa and what requirements you must meet, you should check the UK Visas and Immigration website for the most recent information on student visas.
Essay Questions on the Form
The primary essay questions for the Cambridge MBA application are as follows:
- Please provide details of your post-MBA career plans. The statement should not exceed 500 words and must address the following:
- What are your short and long-term career objectives? How will the Cambridge MBA equip you to achieve these?
- Looking at your short-term career goal, describe the research you have done to understand how this industry/role/location recruits MBA talent and what they are looking for in a candidate.
- How do you meet the requirements of your short-term career goal? What preparation are you doing now?
- Describe a difficult decision that you had to make. What did you learn from this and how have you changed as a result? (Up to 200 words)
- Describe a time when you worked with a team on a project. What did you learn from the experience and how might you approach it differently today? (Up to 200 words)
- If you could give one piece of advice to your 18-year-old self, what would it be? (Up to 200 words).
English Language Requirements
The Cambridge MBA has a language requirement of fluency in English. If you are applying for admittance into a program for which English is not your first language, you must have passed a recognized English proficiency test within the two years prior to 30 September of that year.
Next Steps After Application
After applying online, you shall follow this process;
Pay the Application Fee
Your completed application will be submitted together with a £165 online payment.
You Will Then Be Shortlisted for an Interview
The Cambridge MBA Admissions Committee will assess your completed application and make a judgment regarding whether to shortlist you for an interview.
Before it may be taken into consideration, your application must be complete (including the receipt of all required supporting documentation).
They may not be able to provide feedback for rejected applications due to the number of people applying.
You will Receive Feedback Withing Three Weeks of the Deadline If you are Invited for An Interview
Candidates who make the cut are invited to an interview that typically takes place at Cambridge Judge Business School.
All interviews will now be performed virtually due to the effects of COVID-19 and to maintain social distancing.
A conditional Offer May Be Given to You After an Interview
Within two weeks of the interview date, candidates will be notified. However, the Admissions Committee’s decision might not be made for three weeks.
A conditional offer is the name given to the initial offer. They will ask you to let us know your choice within three weeks. If you accept their offer, the school will require a commitment fee equal to 15% of the program fee in addition to financial assurances that you can cover the program’s expenses.
Before they can make this an unconditional offer, there are a few requirements that must be satisfied.
The application process comes to an end at this point. In order to let you know that you’ve made it to this point, The school will send you a letter. If necessary, this letter can be used to apply for a visa.
How to Apply for the MBA Program
Follow the steps below to apply for the MBA Program at;
- Go to the official application page at; b2clogin.com
- When you get to the application page, click “Sign up”
- Create an account by filling out the form given on the next page.
- After that, click “Create”.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cambridge Good For MBA?
One of the best career choices a management aspirant can make is to pursue an MBA at Cambridge University, which is among the top MBA programs in the world and is listed among the top 10 by both the respected Financial Times and QS world university rankings.
Is Cambridge MBA Hard to Get Into?
Cambridge has a lower acceptance rate than Oxford when comparing the number of applications to the number of students admitted. It is therefore harder to get admitted to Cambridge than Oxford due to its lower acceptance rate.
What GPA do you need for Cambridge MBA?
Students with many degrees can become outstanding MBA applicants while having a management, accounting, or other business-related undergraduate major can be advantageous. Your grades will undoubtedly play a significant role; a 3.5 GPA is considered to be a good average.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Cambridge College Boston – How to Apply to Cambridge College Boston
- MBA Scholarships for International Students
- Is Business School Worth It In
- Harvard University Cambridge – Harvard University Cambridge Application Requirements and Application Deadline
- Oxford MBA Business School Application for 2023-2024