Making French Fries this Easter is something that you would not want to miss. This is the season of Easter already and there is no festival where a special treat is not served.
If you are planning on making French Fries this Easter, it’s a great idea and you are reading the right article. You can make restaurant French fries by yourself with just a few steps, keep on reading to learn more.
Making French Fries this Easter
You can enjoy your French fries with Tomato sauce, ketchup, Gravy, Baked beans, Barbecue sauce, grilled veggies and pestos, Turkish eggs, Mac and cheese, and any other dip you prefer. One advantage of Making French fries this Easter is that you can reheat them with your oven.
How to Make French Fries Crispier
The secret to making crispy French fries lies in you removing the starch and moisture. You can remove moisture from your potatoes by cooking (baking or frying) them more than once. Also, to remove starch totally from your potatoes, soak it in cold water.
How to Make French Fries from Potatoes
Making French fries as a special treat this Easter is definitely a great idea. To make crispy and delicious French fries, follow the guidelines outlined below carefully:
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes and peel them carefully.
- Cut the potato into thin sticks lengthwise (you should make use of a good knife to achieve this shape).
- Pour the sliced potatoes into a large bowl and fill it with cold water.
- Allow the soaked potato to soak for up to 3hrs (you can as well leave them in a refrigerator to soak overnight).
- When you are ready to make the fries, bring out the potatoes and strain out the water.
- Parboil the potato by boiling it with water for at most five minutes.
- Drain the water and blot the potatoes with paper towels to dry.
- Heat a little quantity of vegetable oil (about ½ cup) in a deep pan.
- Fry the sliced potato in batches until they are soft and slightly brown.
- After frying them, drain them on new paper towels.
- Sprinkle the fries with a pinch of salt and little pepper.
- Fry the potatoes again but this time, at a lower heat.
- When the Potato is Golden brown, remove them and dry them with paper towels.
Having done this, you can now season your French Fries with a little salt and enjoy it with any dip you wish to use.
How to Make French Fries in the Oven
Are you concerned about vegetable oil affecting your health negatively? Don’t worry, you can still enjoy French fries this Easter. Alternatively, you can make French fries in the oven. Don’t know how to go about it? Follow the steps below:
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, peel them, and slice them into thin sticks (the thinner you slice them, the crispier they become when you fry them).
- Soak them in cold water overnight to remove the starch.
- When you are ready to make the French fries, strain the water out and dry them with clean paper towels.
- Place the fries in a single row on a baking sheet and place them in the lower third of your oven for about 20 minutes at a temperature of 400*F.
- After 20 minutes, remove them, toss them in the pan, and place them in the oven again.
- Bake the fries until they are golden brown, when the golden-brown color is achieved, bring them out.
- Transfer the French fries to new paper towels and season them with little salt and pepper.
With this, your French fries are ready for consumption. You can go ahead to make this Easter a memorable one for you and your loved ones by enjoying your homemade French Fries with your favorite dip.
CHECK OUT ALSO: