This article will give you a detailed guide on how to Login to your Google Webmaster Tools account. Google Webmaster Tools is a free Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool designed by Google for website owners. It is known as GWT for short. If you don’t know what Google Webmaster Tool (GWT) is, you should read this article as you would be discovering what it is all about and how to use it.
Login Google Webmaster Tools
As a website owner, business owner, SEO expert, or someone who wants to attract a large search engine traffic, you need the Google Webmaster Tools. As earlier stated in this article, this tool is free and owned by Google. As you read on, you would learn more about this tool.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console (Formerly called Google webmaster Tools) is a tool that allows website owners to improve their search engine traffic and monitor what is going on with their website. Google has renamed Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) to Google Search Console.
This was done to debunk the idea that GWT is only for webmasters as app developers, business owners, online marketers, programmers, SEO professionals, etc. can access and make use of this feature. This free tool provided by Google has a lot of features that allow users to gain a detailed report of what is going on within their website. The feature includes:
- Clicks through Rate (CTR): This feature allows users to get the report of the percentage of people who click on their site when the search results are displayed on Google.
- Click: This is similar to the Click-through Rate (CTR) but it only reports the number of people who click on your site after searching for a keyword.
- Query: This feature gives reports on the keywords on which your website is ranking in the search engine. With this, you should be able to know if you are to improve the content.
- Impressions: Another Google Console feature is the Impression which gives comprehensive reports on the number of visitors to the site of users. This is a metric feature that indicates the number of visitors that comes to your site seeking a particular group of content.
- It also has a feature that allows users to view which site links to their website.
- Lastly, is the Average Position Metric which indicates the user’s website ranking for every keyword.
All thesis features provide users with information on both keywords and traffic. The advantage of Google Console is that it allows you to view how Google and visitors see your site.
Google Search Console Login
You can login to your Google console account to check the overall performance of your website. Having known this much about the Google Console (Google Webmaster Tools), this section of the article would teach you how to log in to your account with a few easy steps.
How to Login to your Google Search Console Account
To access your account online, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on your internet-connected device (Preferably Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge).
- On the search bar, enter the URL google.com/webmaster/tools
- Click on “Start Now” on the opened page.
- Enter your “Email address” or “Phone Number” in the required field.
- Choose “Next”.
- Enter your “Account Password” in the required field and click on “Next”.
After this, you would be logged in to your account where you can view the Google Webmaster Tools Dashboard and access the features.
How to Create a Google Webmaster Account
If you have not started with this tool as a website owner, you are missing out. Create an account with the steps below:
- If you don’t have a Google account, go to google.com
- Click on “Sign In” at the top right corner of the web page.
- Navigate to “Create Account” and tap on it.
- Choose “For me”.
- On the opened page, fill in your “Name” and “Username” and create a “Password”.
- Proceed to the next page by clicking on “Next” and follow the rest instructions on your screen to create a new Google account.
- Copy your new Gmail address because you would be using it to create the Google Webmaster Account.
- Next, go to google.com/webmaster/toolswith your internet-connected device.
- Choose “Start Now”.
- Enter your “Gmail address” and “Password” in the required field to sign in with your Google account.
The steps above would help you create an account. If you already have a Google account, you can proceed to create a new Google Webmaster Tools Account with step 8. After creating the account, you can proceed to add your site.
How to Use Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools has a lot of features you can access and you will get to master these features with continuous use. However, as a beginner, there are some things you need to do. They include:
- Adding your Website’s URL. This is important and you can do this by clicking on “Add a Site on the Google Webmaster Tools dashboard.
- Verify your website. This is done by Google to ensure that the website belongs to you. You can choose to verify it with your Google Analytics account as this is the fastest method.
Another thing you can do after successfully verifying your site’s URL is to add a sitemap using the WMT interface. With this, you can state using the Google Webmaster Tools.
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google which helps users monitor the traffic on their website. Google Analytics is a tool that works together with Google Webmaster Tools and it is used for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing. While Google Webmaster Tools is concerned with the technical side of the website, Google Analytics focuses on the marketing end of your site. But, both of them work together to improve the performance of your site and increase traffic.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section of the article would give you more details about the Google Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console). You should read through to learn more about this Google tool.
Is Google Webmaster Tools Free?
Google Webmaster Tools (also known as Google Search Console) is a free tool provided by Google. It does not require a fee for continuous use. This tool is open to all site owners and it helps them monitor the performance of their sites.
Who can use Google Search Console?
The advantage of this tool is that it can be used by anyone who has a website. Business owners, SEO experts, programmers, marketers, web developers, site administrators, etc. This is because this is used generally to improve the site performance, and correct server errors, and security issues such as hacking and malware.
Why Should I Use Google Webmaster Tools?
You may be wondering why you should get started with Google Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console). This free tool is very important because it would help you improve your website.
It helps you detect security threats to your website, crawl errors, optimization difficulties, site load problems, etc. It also helps you analyze the URLs in your site, reduce the risk of indexing errors, view which sites are linking to yours, and lots more.
What other SEO Tools Can I Use for my Site?
There are other amazing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools you can use to improve the traffic coming to your site. Some of them include KWfinder, Moz Pro, Answer The Public, Ubersuggset, SEMRush. The tools mentioned here are great ideas for SEO but you should know that Google Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console) is one of the best.
- Best PC Controller for PC Gamer – The Best PC Game Comptrollers
- Myindigo Card – www.indigo.com Card Application
- How to Clear Cache on TikTok – What Clearing Cache Does on TikTok
- www.coorslightrebates.com Rewards – Claim Coors Light Rewards
- Fully Funded European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship – Apply Now