The 2023 edition of the Japan International Award is now open, Young Agricultural Researchers from Developing Countries are encouraged to apply for the 17th edition of this prestigious award in Japan.
Japan International Award 2023
The Japan International Award Program is designed to increase motivation among young researchers who are contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions.
The awards also aim at displaying outstanding performance and research achievements that may lead to future innovation.
The Japan International award was launched in 2007, the award was organized by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), Japan, and supported by JIRCAS.
Details About JIRCAS Japan International Award
- Type: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: JIRCAS
- Country: Japan
- Fields: Agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
Brief History of the Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
The Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, commonly referred to as JIRCAS, was established in October 1993.
JIRCAS was founded via the reorganization of its predecessor, TARC (The Tropical Agriculture Research Center), to include overseas forestry and fisheries research in its mandate.
JIRCAS was further restructured in 2001, as an Incorporated Administrative Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (MAFF).
Benefits of JIRCAS Japan International Award 2023
- The selection committee will select up to three awardees from candidates after a selection process
- Subsequently, the awardee will then be invited to Japan and awarded a testimonial by the Chairman of the AFFRC during the awarding ceremony.
- Awardees will be given a cash prize of US$5,000 each from JIRCAS
How to Apply for JIRCAS Japan International Award Qualification 2023?
- Candidates must adhere to the application instructions in the Application form and submit the form by the recommending institute via post
- The word-processed files of each form should be submitted by the recommending institute via email
- Please note that Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute
- All applications must include supporting materials showing the candidate’s achievements, such as the applicant’s most important research papers (three items), technical handbooks, patent applications or utility models, newspaper articles etc.
- Applications with Incorrect details will be excluded from the evaluation.
- Visit the official webpage of JIRCAS found below to apply: http://www.affrc.maff.go.jp/kokusaikenkyu/japan_award_230123.htm
Eligibility Criteria for JIRCAS Japan International Award Qualification
- To be eligible, Candidates must be researchers with the nationality of a developing country and/or territory,
- Be below 40 years old as of January 01, 2023,
- Must belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university,
- Candidate must be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions,
- Candidates who have applied for and missed the award in previous years are eligible to re-apply.
- Candidates with outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing region, and who show great promise are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with outstanding achievements in research and development that will lead to future technological innovation in agriculture, forestry, and fisheries can apply.
May 19, 2023.