Applications are open for the ITTO Fellowship Program 2023, which offers a wonderful opportunity for individuals to advance their professional knowledge in tropical forestry and associated fields in member nations.
The International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO), through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund, grants fellowships to promote the efficient and sustainable use of tropical timber in construction and other products. Additionally, the program aims to enhance economic knowledge about the global trade in tropical timber.
Benefits of ITTO Fellowship Program
The benefits of the ITTO Fellowship Program Include:
- Provision of financial support to successful applicants, with fellowships ranging up to $10,000 USD.
- This financial assistance covers various expenses, including tuition, training, conferences, transportation, daily subsistence, books, and other allowances.
- The ITTO Fellowship Program opens doors for young and mid-career individuals
- Fellows must come from over 49 countries and should work in government, universities, research institutions, civil society, and the private sector.
About International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO)
The International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) is an intergovernmental organization established under the International Tropical Timber Agreement (ITTA) in 1985.
The organization’s primary goal is to promote the conservation and sustainable management, use, and trade of tropical forest resources. Sponsored by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, ITTO has been working tirelessly to ensure the responsible utilization of tropical timber resources.
Eligibility Criteria for ITTO Fellowship Program
To be eligible for the ITTO Fellowship Program, Applicants must meet the conditions below:
- The applicant must be a citizen of ITTO member nations. To view the list of ITTO member nations, click this link: https://www.itto.int/about_itto/members/
- The awards are granted to individuals rather than organizations.
- Applicants should note that previous ITTO Fellowship recipients are not qualified to apply for another fellowship until they submit a final report on the activity for which the previous award was given, within two years of obtaining the initial award.
Selection Criteria for ITTO Fellowship Program
The selection process for the ITTO Fellowship Program is rigorous and considers several key factors:
- Compatibility: The planned activity’s compatibility with the program’s goal and priority areas.
- Suitability: The applicant’s suitability to carry out the proposed Fellowship activity.
- Potential Impact: The potential for wider applications and benefits both domestically and internationally from the skills and knowledge gained or advanced during the Fellowship activity.
- Reasonable Costs: The reasonableness of the costs associated with the anticipated Fellowship activity.
ITTO Fellowship Timeline
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2023, 5 p.m. (JST).
- Start Date of Fellowship Activities: Not earlier than January 1, 2024.
- Announcement of Results: Announcement of results will be made via the ITTO website on the 25th of November 25, 2023.
How to Apply ITTO Fellowship Program 2023?
For more details and to submit your application, please visit the ITTO website at: https://www.itto.int/fellowship/
Who can apply for the ITTO Fellowship Program?
Only citizens of ITTO Member nations are eligible to apply.
What expenses does the fellowship cover?
The fellowship covers various expenses, including tuition, training, conferences, transportation, daily subsistence, books, and other allowances.
Can organizations apply for the ITTO Fellowship Program?
No, the awards are given to individuals, not organizations.
Can previous ITTO Fellowship recipients apply for another fellowship?
Previous recipients cannot apply for another fellowship until they submit a final report on the previous award’s activity within two years of obtaining the initial award.