The International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP), in cooperation with the German-Israeli Future Forum Foundation (DIZF) and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES), established the IJP German-Israel Journalists Fellowship 2023.
IJP German-Israel Journalists Fellowship 2023
This fellowship program enables young journalists to learn about political issues. In Germany at an early stage of their careers. The fellowship program will commence on the 25th of October 2023 with an event in Berlin, Germany. And will last for two months. Its purpose is to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between Germany. And Israel by providing young journalists with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of the two countries and their relations.
Are you a journalist looking for an opportunity to enhance your skills and broaden your perspective on international affairs? The IJP German-Israel Journalists Fellowship might be just what you need.
Who can Apply for the fellowship?
- The IJP German-Israel Journalists Fellowship 2023 invites young journalists from Germany, Israel, and the Palestinian territories with a proven track record of journalistic excellence and an interest in reporting on German-Israeli relations.
- This program specifically targets journalists who are in the early stages of their careers or have recently joined the profession.
- Applicants should be between 21 and 37 years old, fluent in English or German, and able to demonstrate their journalistic experience and skills.
- They should also have a clear project proposal that outlines the topics they want to cover and the journalistic methods they plan to use.
What does the fellowship entail?
The fellowship is a two-month reporting trip that takes place in the summer of 2023. It consists of two parts: a four-week stay in Germany and a four-week stay in Israel, with a break in between. During their stay, the fellows will have the opportunity to visit various institutions, attend seminars and workshops, meet with experts and officials, and conduct interviews with local people.
They will also have access to the resources of their respective host organizations, which can help them with research, translation, and logistics. Additionally, the fellows will receive a grant of up to 4,000 euros to cover their travel and living expenses, which should be sufficient to ensure a comfortable stay in both countries.
How to Apply for the Fellowship?
The application process for the fellowship is competitive and involves several steps.
- First, applicants need to submit an online application form that includes their personal and professional information, a CV, and a project proposal.
- Second, applicants need to provide two work samples that demonstrate their journalistic skills and experience.
- Third, applicants may be invited to a personal interview with the selection committee, which consists of experienced journalists and experts in German-Israeli relations.
- For more information, visit the webpage of IJP at www.ijp.org/en/fellowships/the-israeli-fellowship
Benefits of the IJP German-Israel Journalists Fellowship 2023
The IJP German-Israel Journalists Fellowship offers numerous benefits to its participants.
- First and foremost, it provides a unique opportunity to gain firsthand experience of German-Israeli relations. Learn about the cultures and societies of the two countries, and broaden one’s perspective on international affairs.
- Second, it allows the fellows to develop their journalistic skills. Work on ambitious projects. And produce high-quality stories that can be published in major media outlets.
- Third, it provides a platform for networking and building long-lasting relationships with fellow journalists, experts, and officials. Which can facilitate future collaborations and career opportunities.
- Fourth, it offers financial support of up to 4,000 euros, which can make a significant difference for journalists. Who otherwise might not be able to afford such an experience.
The application deadline for the IJP German-Israel Journalists Fellowship 2023 is June 15, 2023.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible to ensure they have sufficient time to prepare their project proposals and work samples.
CHECK THESE OUT:
Highest Paying Communications Jobs
- Journalist Fellowship 2023-2024 in the UK | Reuters Institute – Fully Funded
- Best Jobs You Can Get with a Degree in Journalism
- Facebook Journalism Project: Facebook Journalism | Journalist Registration on Facebook
- Highest Paying Jobs with a Public Relations Degree
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship 2023 in Germany (Fully Funded)
- Tuition Free Universities & Scholarships In Germany For International Students
- Friedrich Nauman Foundation Scholarship 2020 for International Students