Applications are now open for IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program for International Ph.D. Students. The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is offering a summer program for Ph.D. students to pursue a scientific project on a topic related to the IIASA research agenda.
The IIASA Postgraduate program is usually offered annually from June 1st to 31 August, the program hosts up to 50 doctoral students from around the world in its Young Scientists Summer Program.
IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program
Meanwhile, its important to note that participation in the Young Scientists Summer Program is only possible for one summer but you may apply more than once and you will need to be present at the institute for the full duration of the program.
Summary of IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program
- Type of Program: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 12, 2023
Brief Details About International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
IIASA is an independent, international research institute, it has National Member Organizations in Africa, America, Asia, and Europe. The Institute seeks to address issues too large or complex to be solved by a single country or academic discipline.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) has put together this Program to train and equip young scientists in the field of applied systems analysis. Challenges like climate change, biodiversity, energy security, and sustainable development, are expected to be solved by international cooperation.
Benefits of IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program
The stipend for the IIASA Summer Program varies slightly among NMOs, but usually, it is €1,500 per month plus airfare. Applicants who are not citizens of or residents in an NMO country must find alternative funds to finance participation.
Eligibility Criteria for IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program Qualification
- The IIASA Young Scientists Summer is designed for Ph.D. students, just about 2 years prior to receiving their Ph.D.
- The applicant must be working on a topic compatible with ongoing research at IIASA and wish to explore the policy implications of their work.
- Successfully selected Participants will be working under the direct mentorship of an experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment.
- Participants will produce a paper that serves as the first step towards a publishable journal article and will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network.
- The program is open to Applicants from all countries, but priority will be given to citizens or residents of National Member Organizations (NMO) countries.
Application Process for IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2023
All Interested and qualified applicants can apply by visiting the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) at: iiasa.secure-platform.com to apply
Use the steps below as a guide through the application process:
- Open a new application
- Complete your application which requires filling in your data about your research interests, CV, motivation for applying to the program, and names of two references.
- Submit the application Note: The moment the application is submitted, it cannot be changed.
- After the successful submission of the application, you will receive a confirmation email and further instructions.
Visit IIASA website at: https://iiasa.ac.at/train-with-us/yssp-young-scientists-summer-program for more details
January 12, 2023
- AMF Bowling Customer Satisfaction Survey at takesurvey.onl/amf-bowling-survey/
- African Legal Impact Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Maastricht University High Potential Scholarship – Apply Now!
- UNU-EHS Masters Scholarships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- 5 Expert Tips to Pay Off your Loans Fast
- Hidden Features that Most Nintendo Switch Fans Didn’t Know About