The British Council’s IELTS Indicator Test has emerged as a convenient online test service, providing an excellent opportunity for candidates to take the IELTS test from the comfort of their homes. This unique offering is particularly valuable for those who wish to apply to study abroad but couldn’t attempt the IELTS due to the global pandemic, which has disrupted traditional testing methods. In this comprehensive guide.
The International English Language Testing System commonly referred to as IELTS, is an English language proficiency test that is widely recognized for non-native English speakers. It serves as a crucial prerequisite for admission to various international educational institutions and immigration purposes. However, the COVID-19 pandemic brought significant disruptions to the traditional IELTS testing methods.
About the IELTS Indicator Test
The IELTS Indicator Test comprises four main parts:
- IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Writing
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Reading
Benefits of the IELTS Indicator Test
The IELTS Indicator Test offers several benefits, including:
- A chance to monitor speaking, listening, writing, and reading skills
- Another benefit is the convenience of taking the test from home
- Acceptance by many international institutions and universities
- Usefulness for all universities and educational institutions
- Authenticity and reliability of IELTS products
- Exposure to fully qualified and experienced examiners’ questions
How to Register for the IELTS Indicator Test
To register for the IELTS Indicator Test, follow these steps:
- Applicants should visit the IELTS Indicator Test page at: https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/which-ielts-test/ielts-indicator
- Fill out the application form with your details.
- Choose a suitable test date and time.
- Pay the test fee of USD $149 using a supported payment method.
- Confirm your registration and receive the test details.
IELTS Indicator Test Details
- Fees: The IELTS Indicator Test fee is USD $149, making it a cost-effective option for candidates compared to in-person tests.
- Participating Institutions: Numerous international universities and educational institutions accept the IELTS Indicator Test results as part of their application process.
IELTS Indicator Test Requirements
Before attempting the IELTS Indicator Test, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Reliable internet connection and a quiet environment
- Downloaded safe exam browser and Zoom app
- Access to a desktop or laptop
- Working camera, headset, and speakers for listening and speaking tests
Preparing for the IELTS Indicator Test
Candidates can prepare for the IELTS Indicator Test for free by accessing the study materials provided by the University of Queensland.
Test Timings and Duration
The entire IELTS Indicator Test, including listening, writing, reading, and speaking tests, takes approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes. Candidates cannot pause and resume the test once started.
The IELTS Indicator Test by the British Council has proven to be a valuable solution for candidates who wish to pursue their academic dreams abroad amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Its convenience, reliability, and acceptance by international institutions make it a viable option for non-native English speakers.