ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 For African Students is now inviting interested applicants. If you happen to be a student seeking opportunities to study abroad, then you’ll be pleased to know that the Indian Government ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship applications are on.
The Scholarship is for those who would love to travel abroad this year and study for free. This is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss, the Indian Government ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 for African Students is about the timely easy route to start and or further your studies.
ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 For African Students
The Indian Government ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship is offered by the Government of India, ICCR which is the short form for (the Indian Council for Cultural Relation offers about nine hundred (900) scholarships program for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher courses programs at any of Indian’s Institutions/Universities.
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is an independent or freestanding organization of the Government of India, ICCR is primarily engaged in India’s global cultural relations, through cultural exchange with other countries and other countries citizens. The ICCR was established on April 9 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who is the first Education Minister of independent India.
ICCR has its headquarters at Azad Bhavan, New Delhi, with regional offices in Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Pune, Shillong, Thiruvananthapuram & Varanasi. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations also operates missions internationally, with established cultural centers in Georgetown, Paramaribo, Port Louis, Jakarta, Moscow, Valladolid, Berlin, Cairo, London (Nehru Centre, London), Tashkent, Almaty, Johannesburg, Durban, Port of Spain and Colombo.
ICCR addresses its mandate of cultural diplomacy through a broad range of activities. The Council financially supports a significant number of cultural institutions across India and sponsors individual performers in dance, music, photography, theatre, and the visual arts.
In April 2008, in New Delhi to be precise, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India made known the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses, ICCR implements this scheme on behalf of the Ministry of External Affairs.
Details of Indian Government ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship
- Eligible Nation: African Students
- It is a Yearly Scholarship Program
- Entry route: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
- The Tuition cover: Not Fully Funded
Benefits and Goals of Indian Government ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship
- The Scholarship Worth: The scholarship coverage are listed below:
Living allowance for Undergraduate -5,500 Monthly
Allowance for House Rent (Per Month) In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and In other cities-4,500
- Scholars will also receive free treatment only at medical centers or dispensaries attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital
- The Postgraduates -7,000, M/Phil / PhD and M.Tech./ME-12,500, while for Postdoctoral studies-15,500, Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee-As per actual (excluding refundable amount)
Requirements for Indian Government ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship
- A student whose choice is to study performing arts is advised to enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
- An applicant must have adequate knowledge of English.
- The Council (ICCR) will not accept applications that are sent to ICCR directly by the students who are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
- Special attention will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- Application for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing will be accepted
- It is important for candidates to note that Indian universities are independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which must be fulfilled.
- An applicant’s successful application acceptance by the University does not guarantee admission, thus a scholarship is awarded upon confirmation by ICCR.
- An applicant is expected to possess a proper visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. It is a mandate by the Government of India that if a scholar arrives without a proper visa and his/her actual admission at the university does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
- It is expected that before the Scholar’s departure from India, he/she should seek a full briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India and information about the scholarship including the type, timeframe of the Study program to which he/she is admitted.
- The Indian Embassy/High Commission should be informed of the scholar’s travel schedule well in advance so that ICCR can make the reception and other arrangements for them.
- Bringing of extra money is encouraged to meet incidental expenditures on arrival in India.
- Upon successful awarding of the scholarship, scholars should bring with them all documents relating to their qualification in original for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission.
How to Apply For Indian Government ICCR Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship
The application process for this scholarship for Interested and qualified applicants begins by visiting the Indian Government (ICCR) at www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in
Once the page is accessed, take your time to read the instructions before filling out the application form. It is important to also read the financial terms and conditions.
While applying, the detailed guidelines will be displayed online at this link. Click this link for more details.