Are you interested in How to use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox one? We all know that Xbox one is meant to be played on an Xbox one controller and its Xbox one Elite controllers. We are going to take the steps on how to use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox one.
Xbox supports the use of a mouse and keyboard in some games and not all games and it does not work for all content. You have confirmed first if the game you enabled the feature of using a keyboard and mouse.
Using Mouse with your Xbox console
Before we begin the steps in using the Xbox console with your mouse, then there are some things you have to consider:
- You cannot use the mouse on Home or within the Xbox user interface while you go through the dashboard.
- You would need your controller to be able to configure your mouse. This is because settings do not support mouse interaction.
- Microsoft Edge works with a mouse but also has an on-screen cursor.
- A wired USB mouse works only in selected games and apps that have enabled mouse navigation.
How to Configure your Mouse
The second thing to consider is that you have to configure your mouse and this is the way to configure your mouse below:
- First, you press the Xbox button on your controller to be able to navigate to the guide.
- Under the guide, click on profile and system.
- Under profile and system, click on settings, and under settings click on the “devices and connection” option.
- Under the device and connection, select Mouse and you would see the setting for the mouse.
Setting up your Mouse and Keyboard on an Xbox console
- Plug in a wired or wireless keyboard that matches or is compatible to a USB port on the Xbox One.
- Plug in a wired and wireless mouse that is compatible or matches an available USB port on the console.
- To the controller, you click on the Xbox button on the controller in order to open the side menu.
- When the side menu opens, tap on the profile and system tab that has the user pic on it.
- Then select the settings, and under the settings choose the devices and connections option.
- Under devices and connection, click the mouse option in order to configure your mouse to be able to use the Xbox One controller. (if you don’t see the mouse option, then you should restart the console).
- Then you can open any game with the mouse navigation.
How to use the Keyboard Easier when Gaming
To make your gaming easier with the use of the keyboard and using the keyboard shortcuts, Plug the keyboard into your Xbox in order to use the console. Follow the steps below:
- In order to move to the next element you press “Tab”.
- In order to previous to the previous element, press “Shift + Tab”.
- In order to open the guide then you press the “Windows logo key” on your keyboard.
- In order to select through options you press the “spacebar or enter” on your keyboard.
- In order to go back you can press “windows logo key + Backspace, Esc on your keyboard.
- To open the search bar then you press “Y”.
- Open the menu by clicking on “Windows logo key + M”.
- To be able to change the view then you press “Windows logo key + V”.
- To Open the power menu or open a notification then you click on “Windows logo key + X”.
- Open settings you press “Windows logo key + I”.
- To go up you click on the “Up arrow” on your keyboard.
- To go down you click on the “Down arrow”.
- In order to go left you tab on the “Left arrow”.
- You click on the “Right arrow” in order to go right.
Note that every action would be done on your external keyboard.
Games that support the use of an External Mouse and Keyboard
As we all know by now that not all games and apps support the use of a mouse and keyboard, so there are some games that support the use of a mouse and keyboard and there are listed below:
- Ark: Survival Evolved, The Survival Game.
- Cities: Skylines, the city builder.
- Hypnospace Outlaw, the internet simulator.
- Halo: Infinite and Halo: Master Chief Collection, Microsoft’s very own.
- Call of Duty ( All of them since warzone).
- Gears Tactics, the unexpected spin-off.
- Roblox, the metagame.
- Sims 4, the life-sim.
- Terraria, are the gifts that keep on giving.
- Minecraft is a classic indie game.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I use the keyboard on my Xbox One?
Connecting your keyboard to your Xbox One is quite simple. All you have to do is to plug the USB cables into the back of your Xbox One console and plug the mouse into the pass-through port.
Why is my keyboard not working on my Xbox?
If your keyboard happens to not function on your Xbox One then you should check the USB connection that is connected to your controller by opening the Xbox menu. You can do this by navigating to the system > settings > devices and streaming > accessories.
After going through all the options, your Xbox controller should display on your screen, then click on the icon with three dots below the configure box. Then select the Firmware update (even though no update is available) and click on continue.
How to use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox One without an Adapter?
How to use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox One without an adapter, you can do that by ensuring that you have the correct software and the available USB slot for each device. After you have updated the software, then you plug in the mouse and keyboard input.
Five Free games that support a keyboard and mouse?
There are a lot of games that support a keyboard and mouse, well we will be looking at just five free games that support a keyboard and mouse:
- Ark: Survival Evolved.
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla.
- Block Dropper.
- Bomber Crew.
Do all Xbox games work with a keyboard and mouse?
Not all Xbox game works with a Keyboard and mouse but Xbox One allows a keyboard and mouse In order to aid gaming. All you have to do is to plug and play without the use of any extra accessories attached. The game and app publisher must enable this feature for their game or app.