Are you interested in how to buy headphones? Getting a headphone needs a proper guide if you want the right choice in order to make mistakes. This article is going to help you know the right choice of headphones to buy.
There are different types of headphones. There are two main types of headphone which are: Over-ear headphone and On-ear headphone.
Types of Headphones
There are different types of headphones that you could choose from and they are as follow:
- Circumaural: These are the kind of headsets that could be closed or open-backed. This kind of headphone cup the ear. This is mostly used by DJs who need to monitor music in loud environments and is also a good choice for recording applications.
- Earbuds: These are the headphones that offer comfort and they are light in weight. They fit perfectly into the ear.
- Wireless headphones: These headphones as the name implies are without wires. There are noise free and expensive. They need the power to transmit and also for the battery.
There are other categories of headphones like open-air, semi-open, and many other types of headphones.
Areas to Consider Before Getting Headphones
There are some factors you would need to check in order to get headphones.
- The cost of headphones differs which means you have to get headphones suitable to your budget and headphones to range in price. So you should try to get headphones according to your budget.
- The type of headphone. We have the over-ear headphone and the In-ear headphone. So you have to choose the type or form of headphone you feel you would be comfortable with.
- Design of your choice headphones. There are different designs of headphones which are Closed-back headphones, Open-back headphones, and Semi-open-back headphones.
- The next question you should ask yourself is, am I getting wired or wireless headphones?
- The Audio quality you seek for. The audio quality like the frequency, range, impedance, driver type, and many other audio quality features you should know first.
- Frequency response is the different frequencies that headphones can reproduce that would result in full sound. The frequency range of human hearing is from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Driver type: There are different driver types which is: the dynamic driver, balanced armature drivers, Planar magnetic drivers, and Electrostatic drivers.
- Impedance: is the opposition of your headphones that gives the flow of current from your headphone amplifier. Impedance is from 8ohms to the hundreds of ohms on high-end models.
- Sensitivity: this is how loud the headphone can get related to their power. And it is measured in decibels, the volume measurement.
- Noise-cancellation Headphones. Do you want noise-cancellation headphones, Bose and Audio Technica have very good noise cancellation.
- Built-in controls: these features reduce the stress of taking out your phone from your pocket, you could just control your music with your voice like Alexa and Siri which aids better use of the headphone.
- The purpose of getting the headphone: This entails the activities you might be using the headphone for. If you are going to use it mostly for jogging you could get a wireless headphone that would be comfortable for you. So you have to buy the headphone that suits the activity you would love doing most.
- The brand: You have to know the trusted brand that gives you the right option and the right product.
- The Cord type. If you are going to get a headphone, you should get a headphone that has a good quality cord, not a rubber cord that could get tangled and spoilt.
How to choose the right headphone?
- How will you use your headphone?
- The headphone type.
- Closed or open-back
- Wired or wireless.
- Noise cancelation.
- Options, add-ons, and accessories
The Best Brands for Headphones?
There are a lot of products but there are unique brands. The brands are listed below:
The Different Types of Headphones?
The different types of headphones differ in the way they fit into the ear. The main types of headphones are followed in-ear, on-ear, over-ear, and open-ear headphones.
What Headphones are Good for the ear?
There are different headsets but some are good for the ear, while some are not advisable to be used due to the audio quality, here are some of the headphones suitable for the ear:
- Apple AirPods Max.
- Sony WH-1000XM5.
- Anker SoundCore Life Q30.
- Sony WH-1000XM4.
- Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X.
How Much Does a Decent Pair of Headphones Cost?
There are different prices with headphones you can pay $50 for a good earphone or headphone and you can also pay $1000 for audiophile models. The quality of the headphone goes with the price, for some quality headphones, the price varies from $100 to $400. Quality in-ear, over-ear, and on-ear models are available ranging from $100 to $200.