Are you interested in How to Update Your DualSense Controller? When you update your PlayStation 5 DualSense controller’s firmware, you would not just be offered access to the latest features but also additional protection from any new issues that developers might discover and fix for any bugs that users might have been reporting.
Also Read: Nvidia Is Cutting the Prices of RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Ahead Of Its…
DualSense Controller Update
As with the console itself, Sony has chosen to release new firmware updates for the controllers occasionally, at which point gamers are required to install the updates the next time that they fire up the PS5, which is a process that can be performed by making use of a couple of methods.
Users can actually skip the update and instead choose to be reminded the next time their console is turned on, Sony recommends installing the updates as soon as they become available. The company has published several updates for the DualSense controller since releasing the latest-generation console in November 2020, which includes one that improved the stability of the controller and made it possible to update the DualSense directly within the console’s settings menu according to PlayStation.
Also Read: World of Warcraft: DragonFlight Beta – How to Sign up
How to Update a DualSense Controller via the PS5 Console
After a long time of waiting to get your PS5, there are majorly two ways that you can update your DualSense controller: Automatically or even manually. Once an official update for the DualSense controller is available, the PS5 would send you a prompt to connect the device to your console.
Thankfully, you would not have to worry about forgetting to update your controller mainly because your PS5 would remind you to do it if you decide to skip the update initially. This method remains one of the easiest and fastest ways to update your DualSense.
- Once you have gotten the DualSense update prompt while making use of the PS5 connect your controller using a USB-C cable to the console.
- Select the Update Now button on your Tv or Monitor
- Wait for the update to be completed.
If you happen to be in the middle of a game with your friends that you just cannot stop, you also can select the “Notify after 24 hours” option. With this, your PS5 would schedule another alert notification for the update the following day. Alternatively, you can choose to download the updates manually by following the steps stated below:
- Right on the PlayStation 5 console, head to the Home Screen
- On the upper right corner of the screen, select settings.
- On the left side of the menu bar, select accessories
- Under accessories, head to controllers
- Select Wireless Controller Device software
- Then connect your Controller through your USB-C cable to your PS5 console
- Wait for your download to be concluded
- It is best that you make use of a USB-C Cable with your PS5 DualSense controller to prevent data transfer problems, though you can make use of a third-party cable if the original is no longer with you.
Also Read:How to Stop Your Xbox Series X From Overheating
How to Update a PS5 DualSense Controller via PC
While the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller was primarily built for the PS5 console, a lot of users have purchased it to play games on the Windows PC. In April 2022, Sony announced an alternative method to updating a PS5 DualSense Controller via a Windows Computer.
To do this, you would be required to download the Firmware updater to your PC first. Have it at the back of your mind that this method only works on Windows 10 (64-bit) or Windows 11. Plus, you would need a USB port and storage space of 10MB or more.
Also Read: How to Test for Dead Pixels on The Oculus Quest 2
Downloading the PS5 DualSense Controller Updater on Windows
- First, launch the web browser on your PC running on either window 10 or 11
- Head over to the Sony PlayStation DualSense controller update page
- Right under the update, click on the download
- Run the installation
- Download any extra software required if prompted during the process of the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the app
PS5 DualSense controller Update using the Updater on Windows
Afterward, you can choose to proceed to update your PS5 DualSense controller through your PC. And below is how to do it:
- Connect the DualSense controller via USB-C cable to your PC
- Launch the firmware updater for the DualSense controller
- If there’s an update that is available, you would see a note that an update is available. If you do not see the update option, it means your controller is still fully up to date
- Click on “Update Now.”
- Wait until the update is concluded
- Then click ok to confirm
If you happen to own a PS5 console, there is no reason for you to update the DualSens controller using a PC. However, if you purchased the controller mainly because of its excellent build quality but don’t own a PlayStation 5, this would be your option for keeping the accessory updated with the latest available firmware.
Also Read: How to Fix Data Issues On Steam: Monster Hunter Rise Reset