Are you interested in How to Study Medicine in Switzerland? Switzerland is a green land in the field of medicine. The educational standards a very high. This is one good reason why international students from all over the world troop to the country for better study opportunities.
The odds may be high if you are an international student that wants to study Medicine in this nation. This article will show you exactly how to study medicine in Switzerland. It will give you steps to get a free education in the medical field in the blessed nation of Switzerland. Let‘s get into it.
How to Study Medicine in Switzerland
Switzerland is chosen by many international students because of the strong reputation the country has built over the years in its educational system. Despite this excellent educational system, the country has been particularly accommodating to foreign students from all over the world and it continues to lend its support to international students who do not have the financial abilities to study medicine.
In its quest to help less privileged international students, there are so many scholarships for medical students in Switzerland, offered by either the government, universities, or private organizations.
Eligibility Requirements for Studying Medicine in Switzerland
To study medicine in Switzerland, you must have the following qualifications.
- First of all, you must pass the qualifying examinations for the specific University you are applying for.
- You must have excellent language proficiency scores in German and English Tests like IELTS, TOELF, and TESTDAF.
- All the applicants must pass the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET)
- A valid passport is required
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in the world, with a minimum of 3 years of course is also required.
These are the major Eligibility criteria to study medicine in Switzerland.
Entry Requirements to Study Medicine in Switzerland
After possessing these qualifications, you will need the following documentation to apply for Medicine at a University in Switzerland.
- Language proficiency results
- NEET exams Results
- A very good Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- A copy of the international passport
- Letters of recommendation.
- Educational Transcripts
- Statement of purpose.
All these documents must be presented in an orderly manner and submitted according to the instructions given to you on the scholarship websites.
The Cost of Studying Medicine in Switzerland
The cost of studying medicine in most of the Universities in Switzerland is very high. It costs about $21,000 to $1,000,000 per year to study medicine in Switzerland. Really on the high side, right? Despite this fact, there are many Universities with low tuition fees in Switzerland and there are good funding opportunities that can help international students study in these world-class Universities. The note below contains the steps to take to have a free education in the medical field in Switzerland.
How to Study Medicine in Switzerland for free
It may be hard to find tuition-free Universities in Switzerland but there are ways to study medicine for free in Switzerland. The steps below will enable you to achieve this as easily as possible.
- You must be qualified for the path which you have chosen and you submit an excellent application for admission. Study the scholarship or University website to know the various criteria, requirements, and documents, and make sure you have all it takes. Submit your application very early within the opening time of the scholarship.
- The second step to take here is to apply only to affordable universities or medical schools in Switzerland.
- Thirdly, apply for as many scholarships as possible in Switzerland. This is the best way to have all your study costs covered by the Switzerland Government or other institutions.
These are the major steps to take if you need funds to study medicine in Switzerland.
Top 5 Universities to Study Medicine in Switzerland
These are five of the best Universities in Switzerland in which international students can study medicine.
University of Fribourg
The University of Fribourg is one of the most preferred places to study medicine in Switzerland. It has a very high acceptance rate for international students. The University focuses on life sciences, nanomaterials, and Biomedicine.
Just like the University of Zurich, The University of Bern also has one of the largest medical faculties in Switzerland. The Down Side is that the intake rate is very low for international students, allowing only two to five slots per academic year. The University has some of the best facilities for training in high-quality medical education and research.
The University of Geneva
The University of Geneva is a very good University to get the best international medical education in the world. It has a very high rate of admission for international students, applicants to this university will need to pass the French Language proficiency test to be considered for admission. The University of Geneva offers medical degrees in study areas like neurosurgery, transplantation, and Genetics.
University of Zurich
This University is ranked 76th place in the whole world and 14th place in the continent of Europe according to work University rankings. The University of Zurich University has about 28,000 enrolled students with a very high percentage being international students. This University has one of the Biggest faculties of Medicine in Switzerland.
University of Lausanne
Lausanne University is one of the Universities in Switzerland that is sought after by so many international students, it is one of the oldest with a very good reputation. The University is ranked, 11th place in Europe and has about 1500 international students studying various courses.