Are you interested in How to Play PS4 Games on PC? Sony has ported tons of its first-party PlayStation 4 games over to PCs in the past years, but still, there are tons of titles that are yet to make it to windows.
If you wish to access the full PS4 games Library on a PC, you can make use of the Remote Play feature to stream games from your PS4 to a PC. If you do not own a PS4 or a PS5 currently, you can make use of Sony’s PlayStation Plus Premium service to stream some of the titles you want to your PC.
Requirements for Playing PlayStation 4 Games on a Windows PC or Mac
If you have a PS4 or a P5 console, one of the easiest ways for you to play PS4 games on your PC is by using Sony’s Remote Play app. To make use of remote play on your computer, you require the following:
- PS4 console
- Wireless controller (DualShock 4 Recommended)
- USB wireless adapter or USB cable
- You need high-speed internet that runs at 15 megabits per second (Mbps) upload and download speed (recommended)
Plus, you would be required to meet the following system requirements to run PS4 Remote Play:
The requirements for a PC include:
- Windows 10 or Windows 11
- 7th Generation Intel Core processors or later
- Minimum of 100MB of available storage
- Minimum of 2GB of RAM
- 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
- Sound card
- USB port
The requirements to run it on Mac include:
- macOS High Sierra or later
- Minimum of 40MB of available storage
- Minimum of 2GB of RAM
- USB port (optional)
How to Play PS4 Games on Windows and Mac PC
Once the criteria stated above have been met, follow the steps stated below to install PS4 remote play software on your PC:
- First head over to the official PS Remote Play website and select control your PS4 and console from a windows PC straight from the list of available options.
- Once you are done with the installation, click on Sign in to PSN and then enter your login credentials.
At this point, you would be required to set up a remote play on your PS4 before choosing to connect using the PC app.
How to Start PS4 Remote Play
Once the remote Play has been installed directly on your windows PC or Mac, the next thing to do is configure your Ps4 console. Also, you would need to set your console as your primary PS4 in order to make use of the Remote Play outside of your home network.
- First, turn on your PS4 console and launch the settings > Remote Play connection settings
- After that, “enable Remote Play”
- Return to Settings and then “select Account management”
- Select “Activate as your Primary PS4”
- Select “activate”
- Return to “Settings” again and select “Power Save Settings”
- After that, “set features available in Rest Mode”
- Check the boxes for “Stay connected to the internet” and then enable Turning on PS4 from Network”. With this, you would be able to start Remote Play while your console is in Rest Mode.
How to Configure the PC Remote Play App
Once you are done setting up your PS4, try launching the PC remote Play app on your PC and do the following:
- Log in to your PSN account and then select PS4
- With this, the app would search for your PS4 and then connect automatically. Once it is connected, you should see your PS4 console displayed on your PC.
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PC using a USB wireless adaptor. Now you should be able to play any PS4 game on your PC console via Remote Play.
Also Read: Merge Data Challenge 2022 – Apply Now!
How Do I Play PS4 games on PS5?
Playing PS4 games on your PlayStation 5 is very easy seeing as PS5 is backward compatible. If you own the game digitally, just select it from the PlayStation 5 game hub. Otherwise, you can choose to insert the PS4 game disc into the PS5 console and then start playing.
How do I Play PS4 Games on my Phone?
Remote Play is possible also on mobile devices. and to do that first enable Remote Play in your PS4 connection settings. Next, download the PS4 Remote Play app from the Google Play Store or App Store. launch the app, tap the start, and then log into your account.
What PC 4 Games are on PC?
So far, Sony has only released some of its exclusives on PC. They include God of War 4, Horizon zero dawn, and Spiderman. Sony has plans to bring more to PC, and soon we would find out which.