How to Manage Your Future Off-Facebook Activity – Do you know that you can easily manage your future off-Facebook activity effectively? Many account holders on the platform have been looking for a way around this for quite some time now without being successful.
But with this post on how to manage your future off-Facebook activity, everything you need to know will be explained.
How to Manage Your Future Off-Facebook Activity
With the ‘manage future activity setting’ on Facebook you can easily choose to turn off your future off-Facebook activity. But before I go into that in detail, what is the off-Facebook activity?
Off-Facebook activity on the platforms is a summary of the activities that organizations and businesses share with Facebook in regards to your interactions with them. And some of these activities may include visiting their websites or apps.
These businesses make use of Facebook tools such as a Facebook pixel or Facebook login in sharing these pieces of information with them (Facebook). The information in turn helps Facebook to give you a more personalized experience on the platform.
As a user, you can also choose to disconnect your off-Facebook activity. This action will disconnect all your activity on your account on the platforms from the past. When you turn off the future activity settings for all websites and apps, your past activity will also be disconnected.
What Happens When You Turn Off Your Future Off-Facebook Activity
- Your future off Facebook activity will be discontinued and disconnected within 48 hours (two days) from the time it was received. And during this time or period, it may be used for the purpose of measurement and improving their ads system.
- You will also disconnect all of your past off-Facebook activity if you choose to turn off your future activity for all websites and apps.
- You however may still see ads from these businesses. For example, advertisers on the platform may show you ads =based on your activity on the social media platform such as the time you like a business page and they can also upload customer lists and show their ads to the people on the list.
- Another thing is that you will still see the same number of ads on the platform but the ads however may be less personalized than they used to.
- When you do this, you may be logged out of websites and apps. And to login with Facebook in the future to the apps and websites, you will have to allow information from the app or website to stay connected to your Facebook account.
Steps to turn off your future off-Facebook activity for all apps and websites
To start the process, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right
- Next, select the settings and privacy option and click on settings
- Click your Facebook information which you will find in the left column and then select off Facebook activity
- Select the manage your off-Facebook activity tab and click on manage future activity
- Click on manage future activity and select next to future off-Facebook activity
- Click on turn off to turn off your future off-Facebook activity