How to manage membership for a Facebook group that you admin – Managing membership for a Facebook group that you admin is easy, but only if you know how to.
If you have noticed already, on Facebook, there are some groups that you can just drop a post on without being a member. But there are others that you will need to be a confirmed member before you can make posts.
Do you know the reason for this? I bet you don’t. Well, it all boils down to the membership settings of the group. And in this post, everything in regard to that will be shared.
How to Manage Membership for a Facebook Group That You Admin
On Facebook, there is the new public group experience which is more like a new feature on the platform. There are also private and public groups that are not yet on the new experience.
In the new public group’s experience, people can easily become members of groups without the approval of an admin. Visitors of a group also can post and drop comments but only if admins allow it.
You can choose to approve members and people that are not members as participants before they publish a comment or post for the first time on a group. And once a person is approved as a participant of a group, they will still require the approval of an admin for future posts.
For admins of private and public groups that are not yet on the new experience, you can choose to turn on membership approval for your group. This simply means that admins or moderators will need to approve membership requests before a person can join the group.
You can also choose to allow people to invite new people to your group via a link if you are an admin of a private hidden group. And if you allow invitations to your group with a link, you can also choose who can invite with a link which can be anyone in the group, admins only, moderators, and admins. And you can also disable active links.
Steps to Turn On Membership Approval on a Facebook Group
To turn on membership approval on a Facebook group, follow the steps below;
- Click groups from your newsfeed in the left-hand menu and then select your group. Click on the See more tab if you cannot see groups.
- Next, click on Settings in the menu on the left-hand side.
- Click on the edit icon next to Who can approve requests just below the manage membership section.
- Click on only admins and moderators and then select save.
You can also set up membership questions to help decide on approving a member or not. To set up membership questions;
- From your news feed, click on groups in the left menu and select your group. Click on see more if you cannot see groups.
- Just below the people section, click on membership questions and click on as question to add your first question or create to add a new question.
- Click on the toggle icon to ask members to agree to the rules of the groups next to the group rules option.
To approve or decline a member;
- Click on the group’s button in the left-hand menu and select your group. Click on the See more tab if you do not see groups
- Click on member request just below people in the left menu
- You can now approve or decline each request or approve all or decline all requests
- Click on the three-dotted icon next to the request of someone you declined in order to leave feedback. When you send feedback, it will show that the feedback came from an admin, but it will not reveal your name.
To allow or not allow invitations with a link to your private hidden group;
- Click on groups from your newsfeed in the left-hand menu and select your group. Click on see more if you cannot see groups.
- Click on settings in the menu on the left-hand side and click next to invite with the link just below the setup group section.
- Click on the toggle icon next to the invite with a link to allow or not to allow invitations with a link.
- If however, you allow invitations with links, choose who can invite with a link: anyone in the group, moderators, admins, and or only admins.
- Lastly, click on save.
To turn off an active link;
- Click on groups from your newsfeed in the left menu and select your group.
- Click on see more if you cannot see groups.
- Select the three-dotted icon in the top right and select share.
- Next, select the turn-off link button and then turn it off to confirm.
How do I Set up a Membership Question on Facebook?
How do I Make a Member of my Group and Admin?
What is Participant Approval in Facebook Groups?
When you Join a Group on Facebook can Everyone See?
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Facebook Group Name Change – How to Change your Facebook Group Name
- How to Delete Facebook Page 2021: Facebook Page Delete | Delete Facebook Page
- How to Delete a Facebook Page – How to Delete a Page you Created on Facebook | Facebook Page Delete
- Delete Facebook Page – How to Delete my Facebook Page for Good
- How To Delete Facebook Page Successfully