It is no longer news that the Federal Government of Nigeria through NIMC has issued a directive stating that all Nigerians should link their National Identification Number (NIN) to their SIM cards. You don’t want your Line to be barred, do you? In this article, you would learn how to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile SIM cards, so keep on reading.
How to link your National Identity Number (NIN) to your MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile sim.
Linking your National Identification Number (NIN) to any of your lines is quite easy. You can do this by either dialing the USSD code for linking your NIN or by visiting the official website of your network provider. To learn more, keep on reading.
How to Link NIN to MTN
You can link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your MTN line by using the code to link NIN to MTN. To do this, the steps outlined below would help you:
- With the MTN phone number, you wish to link, dial the USSD-*785#.
- Enter the 11 digits on your NIN Slip (This is your NIN).
- Tap on Submit. Or
- You can simply dial *785*Your NIN#.
With this, your NIN would be successfully submitted.
How to Link NIN to MTN Online
If you don’t know how to Link your NIN to your MTN online, follow the steps outlined below carefully:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- Enter the URL- mtnonline.com/nin into the search bar and click on the search icon.
- On the opened page, click on “Link my NIN”.
- Select the Type of NIN (NIN or VNIN).
- Fill in your NIN.
- Enter the phone number you wish to link.
- Click on the “Next” button.
Follow the rest prompts displayed on your screen to complete the process. Note that if you don’t have a NIN yet, you can click on “Locate NIN center” to locate any NIN center around you and commence enrollment.
How to Link NIN to GLO
Are you a Glo user looking for how to link your NIN to your Glo SIM card? If yes, this article has got you covered. You can do this by using the code to link NIN to GLO. Follow the steps below:
- Open the message icon on your mobile phone.
- Type in “UPDATE NIN FirstName and Last Name” (your First and last name should be filled in the respective places).
- Send this message to the code-109.
Having done this, your NIN would be submitted successfully and you don’t have to worry about your GLO line being barred.
How to Link NIN to GLO SIM Online
Provided you have a browsing device and an internet connection, you can link your NIN to your GLO line. Follow these steps to do this:
- Access the GLO NIN submission page with your internet-connected device by clicking on this link.
- Fill in your “Name” and the “Mobile Number” you wish to link.
- Enter your “National Identification Number” and Re-enter it.
- Enter your “Email Id”.
- Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of your display screen.
After this, your NIN would be submitted successfully.
How to Link NIN to Airtel
It’s simple to link your NIN to your Airtel line if you know link NIN to the Airtel code. The following actions will assist you:
- Dial the code *121*1# on your mobile device (this is the code to link your NIN to your Airtel line).
- Enter the 11 digits from your NIN slip (This is your NIN).
- Select “Ok” from the drop-down menu.
After you’ve completed this, you’ll receive an email confirming that your NIN has been successfully submitted.
How to Link NIN to Airtel Online
Another option with which you can link your NIN to your Airtel SIM card is by doing so online. Before you proceed, make sure you have a browsing device and an internet connection. With this, you can follow the guide below:
- On your internet-connected device, open a web browser.
- Type airtel.com.ng/nin into the text box and press the search icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and type in your Airtel number (it could be a mobile, MiFi, Router, or ODU number).
- Select “Send OTP” and click on “PROCEED”.
- Fill in your “Email Address” and “Alternate Phone Number” fields.
- Look through your messages for the OTP code that was sent to you.
- Click “Send Again” if you can’t find the message.
- When you see the OTP, instantly enter it and click “PROCEED”.
- Your OTP would be confirmed.
- Enter your National Identification Number (NIN).
- Read the terms and conditions and check the box if you consent.
- At the bottom of your display screen, click “PROCEED.”
This will result in a notification stating that your NIN has been successfully submitted. If you’re having trouble linking your NIN to your Airtel line online, try refreshing the page and inputting the information again. If the issue continues, call the Airtel Nigeria customer service number provided on this page.
How to Link NIN to 9mobile
You can link your NIN to your 9mobile phone number by dialing the code to link NIN to 9mobile. To do these, follow the guide below:
- Dial the code *200*8# using your cellphone (this is the USSD code used to link NIN to 9mobile).
- kindly insert your National Identification Number (NIN).
- Follow the rest of the screen’s instructions.
After you’ve completed this, you’ll receive a notification confirming that your NIN was successfully submitted and that your 9mobile line will not be banned if it is validated.
How to link NIN to 9mobile Online
You can also link your NIN to 9mobile by visiting the 9mobile webpage. If you don’t know how to go about it, the instructions below would help you:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- Enter the URL – 9mobile.com.ng/nin into the search field and click on the search icon.
- Scroll down and choose “Verify and Link your NIN now”.
- Fill in your required details and follow the rest on-screen instructions to complete the process.
If you are having issues with inputting your NIN, you should try refreshing the page and entering the information again.
With the information from this article, you can go ahead to link your NIN to your MTN, GLO, Airtel, or 9mobile line without difficulties.
YOU MAY LIKE
- Apply Now For Fully Funded Hungarian Stipendium Scholarship
- Mexican Government International Scholarship 2022/2023 | Apply Now
- Apply Now For Standard Bank Bursary For South African Youths 2022
- Best Nootropics Supplements – 4 Best Nootropics and Brain Supplement
- I Want Make A New ID On Facebook – Facebook ID Number | Facebook Identity