How to hide your relationship status on Facebook – This is easy! To therefore get to know how to hide your relationship status on the Facebook social media platform, continue reading and digesting the content of this post from start to finish.
How to Hide Your Relationship Status on Facebook
When it comes to the Facebook social media platform, just about anything is possible. And if you wish to hide your relationship status on the platform it is possible. Whenever you feel like it, you can, but only if you know how to.
If on the other hand, you do not know how to go about this, then you are in luck. This post will share all the details and steps required to successfully hide one’s relationship status on Facebook successfully.
Sharing your relationship status on Facebook is way optional. This means you can choose to make it public or private. By making use of the Facebook audience selector tool, you can easily choose who can see your relationship status on your profile.
But before I go into the steps needed for this, what do you need to hide your status on Facebook? Do you know? Continue to the next paragraph to know what you need.
What You Need To Hide Your Relationship Status on Facebook
In truth and generally, you do not need much in order to hide your relationship status on this social media platform. Having a registered account alone is enough as everyone with an account has one (relationship status).
If you do not have a registered account on the platform you will need to create one for free now. To get started with the account creation steps, go to www.facebook.com. You can also set up a Facebook account via the Facebook mobile app.
Steps to Hiding Your Relationship Status on Facebook
To adjust who gets to see your relationship status on Facebook is easy, but only if you know-how. To therefore do this, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and login to your account on a computer.
- Click on your profile picture which is at the top right corner.
- Click on the about tab and then select family and relationships.
- Next, click the privacy setting that is next to your relationship in the relationship section.
- Lastly, change or set your privacy settings to only me.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right.
- Tap on your name and select the see your about info tab.
- Go down to the relationship section and tap on edit.
- Next, tap on the audience selector and select or tap on the choose only me tab.
- Lastly, tap on save.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right.
- Tap on your name and go down to the see your about info tab. Tap on it.
- Locate the relationship box and tap on the edit option.
- Next, select the audience selector and tap to choose only me.
- Lastly, tap save.
That’s it. Your partner however may want to share that they are in a relationship with you. You should know that every person on the Facebook platform controls who gets to see their relationship status on their profile.
And if you confirm that you are in a relationship with your partner when they update their relationship status, the relationship may appear on their profile alone and this is completely dependent on their audience settings.