With the popularity of the Facebook dating app, it is important to know the Facebook dating negative or positive impact in today’s world wouldn’t you say. The increasing popularity of social networking websites such as Facebook has affected how we interact with one another, and that includes how we communicate with our romantic partners.
Initiating the courting process has gone from bravely asking a person out to dinner on their doorstep to simply instant messaging the person or even liking their profile picture. While it is evident that Facebook has influenced that change, you may wonder if that change is for better or worse. So let’s examine the ups and downs of having a relationship in the Facebook age.
Facebook Dating Negative or Positive
It expected that the Facebook dating negative or positive effect is be expected. As the saying goes whatever has an advantage also has a disadvantage. But you can’t say because fire is hot you won’t use it to cook food right. After less than two years online, Facebook Dating claimed that it has created over 1.5 billion matches in 20 countries.
Facebook connects most people in the world together. With “Facebook Dating” the social network has finally leveraged their dominance to allow their users to find love… and don’t worry this does not include your friends.
Positives of Facebook Dating
Below are some of the positive and best parts of Facebook dating;
- Easy to get started – there is no separate Dating app, just log into your existing Facebook account and navigate to the Dating tab
- Automatically complete your Dating profile by importing information from your primary Facebook profile
- Instagram integration – can include photos from your Instagram feed in your Dating profile
- Though Dating is accessed through your Facebook account, the two profiles are kept separate – your Dating activity will never appear on your Facebook profile and you will not be matched with friends
- Can opt-in to receive matches based on Facebook groups you’re part of or events you’re going to
Negatives of Facebook Dating
Below are some of the parts of Facebook dating that needs improvement;
- Available in the Facebook app only – Dating cannot be accessed through the Facebook website
- Users can contact anyone at any time – mutual matches are not required before initiating communication, which could mean some users are flooded with unwanted messages
- Anyone can join Dating, regardless of the relationship status listed on their Facebook profile, and no relationship status is visible on Dating – some believe this could enable cheating
- Facebook’s recent privacy scandals raise questions about the security of information shared with the company and how that data is being used
How to Activate Facebook Dating
Now if after checking out the negative and positive aspect of Facebook dating you still want to create a dating profile on Facebook then you will have to follow all the steps given below for directions or assistance:
- Now the first step, open the Facebook app.
- Then sign in to your Facebook account.
- Now tap on the menu icon or three lines and tap on see more.
- Also, tap on the dating notification or the heart icon.
- Then fill in your gender.
- Also, confirm your location.
- Now arrange in order the 12-profile tile which is either a photo or an answer to one of the Facebook dating questions.
- Also, select a dating photo to make your profile look unique.
- Then specify your match in the dating settings on your account.
So have you tried the dating app yet? What are your thoughts? What do you look for when checking out a dating app? It’s expected that different people will have different views about the Facebook dating app. to get more details about the positive and negative aspects of Facebook dating simply click here.