when it comes to formatting a written work, there are ways to do that. Below is How to Format a Written Work: Editing Lifehacks.
How to Format a Written Work: Editing Lifehacks – Margins for papers with APA Standards
The APA Standards are a set of norms with which all international papers should be presented. They can be used for any document. However, they are recommended for works related to research, theses, and other academic texts. You can find more examples of academic essays here: https://www.paperhelp.org/
For the correct presentation using these standards, the margins for papers should be assigned as follows:
All margins should be 2.54 centimeters (top, left, right, bottom).
For indentation, five spaces should be left on the first line of each paragraph.
The title page will have the same margins as above throughout the document.
So be guided by the above and review the following instructions to implement the margins of your work.
How to Set Up Word for Margin Editing
These are the steps to set the margins of the pages to be made, taking into account the most common rules for written work:
Go to layout, then select page layout. Custom margins. Edit the centimeters of each side, as explained above.
How to Add Page Numbers
It is important to note that the pages should be numbered starting from the introduction. Once this has been defined, you must go to the page layout, click on the “jump” option, choose the “next page” option, and place the cursor on the introduction page of the work. Finish by clicking on the tab called “insert“, choosing the option “page number“, and then “end of page“, which number must be unformatted and centered.
How to Enter a Bibliographic Reference
The student must write the last name of the author he/she wishes to cite and go to the option “insert footnote.” This citation will mention the ideas presented by the author that were used to complement the work done.
How to Add Tables and Images
Tables allow the reader to understand the ideas and assumptions presented in a written work more efficiently. Tables of contents and images will be handy for anyone reading the document.
Select the “insert” option and choose the image to add images. Once the image is in the document, go to the “insert title” option. To add a table of images, go to the “references” menu and select “insert a table of illustrations“.
Practical Tips for Writing a Paper in the Best Way
- Before starting to write, it is important to outline the topic to be covered to structure the information collected.
- Organizing the ideas will allow the student to carry out excellent writing and development of the text.
- Be concise and use appropriate vocabulary.
- Write the paper in the third person.
- Read the final result before submitting it.
- Make good use of punctuation marks, which are indispensable for good writing.
- Use the correct connectors to preserve the uniformity of the writing.
- Ask people who know the subject to read the text, so they can be critical of the content of the writing and allow the student to improve and correct some details found in the document or research.
- And be sure to use the margins established for your work whether you are using APA Standards.
By following these steps and researching the topic to be covered, the student will be able to present an excellent paper.