How to create a username for your Facebook page – Running a business page can be so easy and lots of fun, but only if you know what you are doing. With a business page on Facebook, everything that needs to be in place for the success of the page needs to be in perfect place.
This means that when you don’t do what you are supposed to, you will not get the desired result from a page on Facebook. And one of those things is having and setting up a username for your page. it is very important as it has its very own role to play in the now and future of your business doings on the social media platform.
How to Create a Username for Your Facebook Page
Creating a username on Facebook is easy. As long as you have a page on the social media platform, you can create a username whenever you feel like it.
The username of your page on Facebook will show or appear just below the name of your page and in the URL of your page so as to help people locate and remember your page. a perfect example of a username for a page on Facebook could be @FreshPresh if the name of the page is Fresh Presh.
What You Need To Have In Place Before You Can Create a Username for a Page on Facebook
First, you will need to own a page on Facebook. If you do not own a Facebook page, one that you created, you can at least be an admin of a page on the platform as this is the only way to create a username or a page on Facebook. For users who do not have a page on Facebook and also are not page admins, they cannot create usernames for pages on the platform.
Steps to Creating a Username for Your Page on Facebook
Now that you are aware o what you will need in order to create a username for a page on Facebook, it is time to direct you on the necessary steps in creating a Facebook page username successfully.
To create a username for your Facebook page, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook
- Click on the pages icon and option from the left menu from your news feed
- Next, click on create @Username just below the name f our page
- Type or enter a username and then click outside of the composer
- Click on create username if the username you entered is available
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right.
- Tap the pages option from the drop-down or your (number) pages.
- Next, go to your page and tap on create @username just below the cover photo of your page.
- Enter a username for your page and if the username is available, tap on create username.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the hamburger icon
- Selected the pages or your (number) pages option from the drop-down extended menu page
- Next, go to your page and tap on create @Username just below the cover photo of your page
- Create or enter a username and if the name is available, tap on create username
That’s it! If however the username you want is not approved, not available, or already taken, you will have to choose a different and separate one.
New pages on Facebook may not be able to create a username immediately after creation and the username of a page may be removed due to inactivity of the page.