Here in this content, I would be giving you details on how to connect any models of AirPods to the PS4, which includes what accessories you will need to purchase and what features would not be supported.
Whether you believe it or not, the PS4 does not offer support for Bluetooth audio out of the box. This simply means that you cannot connect AirPods or any other kind of Bluetooth headphones to it without purchasing an accessory.
What you would require is to Connect AirPods to PS4
If you are trying to connect the AirPods to the PS4 without an adapter, the PS4 should be able to detect them, and you would go through all the process of the pairing steps only to see if the process fails at the last stage. Trust me this can be frustrating.
To right through this, you would need to get a PS4 Bluetooth adapter that offers support for the Bluetooth audio that you can choose to plug right into your console.
We would be making use of the “twelve South AirFly Duo”, but any other Bluetooth adapter that supports the audio can get plugged right into the PS4 can work.
How to Connect AirPods to PS4
First, follow the steps that I would be stating for you below to connect your Bluetooth Adapter to connect AirPods to PS4:
- First, make sure that you have changed your AirPods. Same if your Bluetooth adapter makes use of battery.
- Then connect your Bluetooth adapter to your PS4
- Place the Bluetooth adapter into pairing mode. The exact way for you to get this done depends on your device, so make sure to check the instructions that came with it
- With your AirPods in their charging case, open the case and then press and hold the syncing button.
- Keep on holding the button till the lights on the Bluetooth adapter stops blinking. This basically means that the AirPods are paired have been paired to the adapter.
- Confirm if your PS4 is being sent to your AirPods by checking on the settings on the PS4. Head to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- There are two major things to change on the screens of your Audio devices:
- Output Device: Set to headphones Connected to the controller.
- Output to HeadPhones: Set it to “All Audio”
- Also, you can choose to control the volume of the audio sent from the PS4 to your AirPods in the volume control menu.
- With all that done, all that would be coming from the PS4 controller would be heading to your AirPods and you would be set to play.
Can You Use AirPods to Chat with Other Gamers on PS4?
You cannot chat with other players online even though your AirPods have a microphone. That is simply because a lot of Bluetooth adapters only send audio from the PS4 to your headphones, but not the other way around. In other to get this done, you would need your headphones specifically made for the PS4.
Still, if all you want to do is hear the audio without bothering anyone else, getting a Bluetooth adapter is one of the best options for you.
How do you Connect your AirPods to an iPhone?
In other to connect your AirPods to your iPhone, first, you need to make sure that your Bluetooth is activated on your iPhone. Then hold your AirPods close to your phone in their charging case, and make sure the lid is open. The tap connects and then follows the on-screen instructions.
How Do you Connect AirPods to an Android Device?
In other to connect your AirPods to an Android, launch the setting on the device then tap or toggle on Bluetooth. Open the AirPods charging case and then hold the setup button till the status light blinks white. Right on your device, tap on AirPods from the available device list.
Why Won’t my AirPods Connect to My Android?
First, make sure that your AirPods are inside their case when in pairing mode, and that they are not connected to any other device. Turn on your Bluetooth on and off again, and then make sure that your Android is close to your AirPods.
Also Read: 7 Best Paying Jobs in Consumer Non-Durables