Did it ever occur to you that you can change the name of your page on Facebook whenever you can as long as you comply with the terms and conditions of page name changing on Facebook? Yes, this is true and in this post, you will be guided on how to change the name of your Facebook page successfully.
How to Change the Name of Your Facebook Page
Changing the name of your page on Facebook is one of the many features and controls that page owners and admins have. It just might be that the name of a page does not show or relate to what a page is all about anymore and you don’t know how to change it or go about it. If this is you, then this article is a must-read for you.
Facebook has given page owners and admins on its platform total control of their pages as long as they meet up with the rules and regulations of owning and running a page on the platform. But it is quite unfortunate that many page owners and Facebook page admins do not know about this.
And just as mentioned already, if you do not know that it is possible to change the name of your page or do not know how to change the name of your page on Facebook, then you are in luck. In a bit, I will be sharing with you all the necessary steps needed in changing the name of a page on Facebook successfully.
But before I go into that, there are things that need to be in place before this can happen. In general, there are terms and conditions that need to be met in order to successfully change the name of a page on Facebook.
What You Need To Change the Name of a Page on Facebook
Changing the name of a page on Facebook is easy and it’s also free. You do not have to pay a dime when it comes to changing the name of your page on the platform. Also, you will need to have a page on the Facebook platform or at least be an admin of a page on the platform to request a name change to the name of your page. You should however note that you cannot change the name of your page through an API.
Steps to Changing the Name of Your Facebook Page Name
Now that you already know that it is possible to change the name of your page on Facebook and that it is also free, and you have also learned of everything that you need to have in place for the action to be successful, it’s time to learn about the actual steps needed in accomplishing the act.
To therefore change the name of your page name on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on pages in the left menu from your news feed
- Next, go to your page and click on the page settings icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on the page info tab in the left-hand column and select the name of your page.
- Enter a new name for your page and click outside page name box.
- Next, review your request and click on request change.
New Pages Experience
- Go to Facebook and login to your account.
- Switch into the page that you want to request the name change for.
- Click on the photo of your page in the top right.
- Click on settings and privacy and then select settings.
- Click on name just below the general page settings section.
- Enter a new name for your page and then click on review change.
- You will be prompted to enter your password and then click on request change.
If however, you do not see the option to edit the name of your page, then it simply means that;
- You do not have a role for your page that allows you to change the name.
- You or any other admin of the page just recently changed the name of the page.
- There may be limits imposed on your page that you don’t know.
- Lastly, you cannot change the name of a regional page if it is part of a global page.
That’s it. Changing the name of your page also will not affect its username.