If you are looking for a detailed guide on how to change your Credit card on Amazon, this article has got you covered. Amazon is an online shopping platform, that allows customers to make payments with their debit or credit cards.
When your credit card gets stolen or expired, you can delete it from your Amazon account and add a new one. To learn how to do this, keep om reading.
How to Change Credit Card on Amazon
Below is a detailed guide on how to change the credit card on your Amazon account:
- Open a web browser on your internet connected device.
- Enter the URL www.amazon.com into the search bar.
- Click on “Account & Lists” at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your account “Email address” or “Phone number” to sign in to your account.
- Click on “Payment Option” on your account dashboard.
- Scroll down to “Your credit and debit cards” and click on the card you want to change.
- Select “Remove” and click on “Confirm Remove”.
- After this, click on “Add cards”.
- Enter the information of the new card such as the “Name”, “Expiration Date” and “Billing Address”.
- You can click on “Save” after this to confirm your changes.
If you follow the guide above carefully, you will be able to change the credit card on your Amazon account within few minutes.
How to Change Credit Card on Amazon App
If you want to switch your credit card on Amazon using the mobile application, follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to the internet and launch the Amazon app on it.
- Sign in with your “Email address” and “Password” if you are not logged in to your account.
- On your account dashboard, click on “Your Account”.
- Scroll down to “Choose your Payments” and click on “Edit card”.
Provide the details of the new card such as the card number and expiration date. To save the new information, click on Submit. The process for changing your credit card with the app is similar to changing it online.
How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon Prime
Your credit card maybe be expired, or the balance on it finished. With this, you have to delete the card from your Amazon Prime account before you run into huge debts. To remove your credit card from your Amazon Prime account, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.amazon.com in your internet connected device or launch the Amazon app on your device.
- Sign in to your account with your “Email address” and “Password”.
- Navigate to “Your Account” on the page and choose “Payment Options”.
- Click on the credit card you want to delete and click on “Confirm delete” to save your changes.
If you wish to edit your card details on your amazon prime account, you can click on “Edit” instead.
How to Add Credit Card to Amazon Account
Amazon allows you to make payments using your credit or debit card. if you want to add a card to your Amazon account, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Amazon Account at www.amazon.com
- Click on “Edit my Account Settings” on the dashboard.
- Scroll down to “Add, edit or delete my credit cards”.
- Enter the credit card details such as the “Name” “Card Number” and expiry date.
After this, you can fill in the billing details and address and click on “Add New Card” to save the changes you have made.
Amazon Payment Methods
When you place an order on Amazon, you have the opportunity to pay with any of the payments methods that suit you. Amazon accepts a lot of payments options and they include Visa card, Amazon Gift Cards, China Union Pay, Diner’s Club, American Express, Discover Network, Amazon Secured Card, and Amazon Store card.
Other payment options include NYCE, STAR, visa, Mastercard, prepaid card and gift cards. You can also spilt payments when you place orders between any of the accepted debit or credit card and an Amazon gift card.