How do I reset my Vizio Tv? It is quite helpful and beneficial to reset your Vizio tv as the issue that comes up could happen from frequent freezing and crashing. Well, it is possible to reset your Vizio tv and that happens in different ways which we are going to be discussing in this content.
Different Methods of Resetting Your Vizio TV
As we said in the introduction, there are different ways of resetting your Vizio TV and there is the soft reset, factory reset through the menu, factory reset using the remote, and hard reset. In further detail, these are the steps:
- Step 1: Unplug your TV from the power outlet.
- Step 2: You have to wait for some minutes.
- Step 3: You have to plug back the TV.
- Then you turn It back on.
Accessing Factory Reset through the Menu:
There are two ways to access the factory reset but here are the steps to access the factory reset through the menu:
- Navigate to the TV menu setting.
- Then search for the system or the reset option.
- Under either the system or the reset option you would find the Reset TV to factory settings.
- Then click on the reset and follow every on-screen instruction that it shows.
Factory Reset Through the Remote:
You could reset your factory settings through the remote and the following are the steps below:
- Click on the menu button on the remote.
- Under the menu options click on the system or the reset option.
- Then choose the reset Tv to the factory settings option.
- Confirm the reset by clicking on the reset button.
- Make sure to follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.
- Unplug the TV from the power socket.
- Hold onto the TV power button for like 15 to 20 seconds.
- After the seconds you release the power button and plug the TV back.
- You have to wait for the TV to fully restart and go through the setup process.
If you happen to go through all these procedures and your Vizio Tv does not reset, then you should contact Vizio Support. Also, note that all your on-screen procedures and instructions would vary based on the operating system and the model of the Vizio TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Reset My TV to Its Default Settings?
How can I reset my TV to its default settings? You Switch on the TV, On the remote control, press the HOME button, Choose Settings, Your TV’s menu settings will determine the subsequent steps: Choose Reset or Factory data reset, and Select Yes, then click Erase Everything.
What Does a Factory Reset on a Vizio Do?
All customized settings, including app, network, image, audio settings, etc., will be erased if a VIZIO Smart TV is reset to its factory defaults. On all VIZIO 4K UHD Smart TVs released between 2016 and 2017 and all VIZIO Smart TVs released after 2018, you may find the Smart Cast platform with apps.
Does a VIZIO TV Have a Power Reset Button?
On the TV’s rear, look for the power button. You’ll have to examine it very carefully because the buttons blend in perfectly. To use up any remaining energy, press and hold the button on your TV for roughly 10 seconds. Try again to switch on your TV.
How can an Android Smartphone Be Reset to Factory Settings?
How can an Android smartphone be reset to factory settings? You Select Settings, reset by tapping General & Backup, Tap Reset factory data, Tap Device Reset, and select Delete all.
How Do I Restore The Factory Settings on My Vizio TV Without Using a Password?
While the TV is on, simultaneously press and hold the “Input” and “Volume Down” buttons for 10 to 15 seconds. You will see a popup requesting that you reset the television. Press the input button to reset. Your Vizio TV will restart after wiping up all of your data.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- YouTube TV Now on Vizio Smartcast TVs – YouTube TV on YouTube App
- Best Black Friday Deals Now Available – Black Friday – Best Black Friday Deals Now
- Best Speakers – Best Speakers to Purchase in
- How to Hard Reset a Nintendo Switch – How to Perform a Factory Reset
- Reset Roku: Basic Ways to Reset your Roku Device