The healthcare business creates massive data but struggles to translate it into insights that improve patient outcomes and operational efficiencies. Data analytics in healthcare is meant to assist clinicians in overcoming barriers to the broad use of data-derived intelligence:
Making healthcare data more accessible to colleagues and external partners, as well as more visually appealing for public consumption.
Health Data Analytics (Hda) Graduate Fellowship
Providing reliable data-driven forecasts in real-time enables healthcare providers to respond to changing healthcare markets and surroundings more swiftly.
Improving data collaboration and innovation among healthcare organizations to convert analytics-ready data into business-ready information by automating low-impact data management chores.
This fellowship aims to build HAD capacity, especially for expanding Multi-Source Data Analytics and Triangulation (MSDAT) and related areas at higher academic research levels.
This will also inform the next phase of technological and data-analytical inventions to expand ON THE MSDAT Platform for improved healthcare delivery and healthcare systems in Nigeria.
Improve local capacity for health data analytics research, development, and health data platforms, particularly the MSDAT
Improve the use of the MSDAT platform
Use findings to support Health Information System (HIS) policy creation
Make publishing research reports in reputable journals easier.
The benefits of this fellowship include:
- Each postgraduate research fellow receives ₦1,000,000.00, including research expenses such as data gathering, equipment, etc.
- After completing this fellowship, there may be job opportunities with eHealth4everyone.
- Increasing research and health data analytics capacity
- Access to a network of people that share a common interest
- Mentorship and assistance from administrative bodies
- On-demand dataset delivery
Individuals must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for this fellowship;
Must have an acceptable means of identification (for example, an international passport; driver’s license; voters card; national identity number (NIN)card)
Must be a postgraduate student of an accredited university with valid means of identification
Candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree of at least 3.4/5.0. For Master’s students, at least a merit or its equivalent.
Research should aim towards improving the Nigerian health system around the following areas:
- Data management
- Visual analytics
- Data mining
- Data integration
- Health outcomes
- Health financing
- Health workforce
- Population and demographics
- Health facility service availability and readiness
- Health impact
- Advanced analytics
- Open data advocacy
- Big Data for health
- Data demand and use
- Statistical modeling of health data
- Health information system interoperability
- Artificial intelligence
How to Apply
Fill out each section of the HDA Fellowship form and attach the required document. These include:
- Official transcript from an academic institution
- Curriculum vitae
- Admission letters
- Statement of purpose (maximum of 500 words)
- Research proposal including timeline for submission
- Letter of recommendation from an academic
- A previously published paper if available, is an advantage
- A 2-minutes video of the applicant explaining their research proposal and motivation is essential.
- Successful applicants would be notified 8 weeks after the application deadline.
- Successful applicants must officially “accept” the offer via email within a week.
Note: Funds are to be used for research work ONLY. Results gathered from this funded research will be completely open for use by the eHealth for Everyone Foundation and others. There will be no copyrighting of research
Can I apply if I am not in the science department?
You are good to go as long as you can carry out research in this field.
Must my reference be from an academic?
Yes, your Supervisor, Head of the department, or the Dean of your faculty is preferable.
For more questions, click here
More Related Content
- Google Analytics: How Does Google Analytics Work
- Google Analytics Login – How Do I Log Into My Google Analytics Account
- Login Google Analytics: How Do I Fix Google Analytics login & Loading Error?
- Google Analytics Certification – Is it Hard To Get Certified For Google Analytics
- Google Analytics Academy – List of Google Analytics Academy Courses | How to Get Google Analytics Certification