The AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria is a Heifer International-led enterprise development program that Wennovation Hub implements to find, foster, and assist innovative, relevant, and technology-driven agric-centric enterprises as they grow, expand, and prosper.
Candidates must be early-stage or growth-stage youth-led agri-tech businesses/companies with unique solutions that greatly impact smallholder farmers.
Call for Applications for the Ayute African Challenge 2023
Are you a young, inventive entrepreneur with a brilliant technological solution that has the potential to revolutionize African agriculture for smallholder farmers? Do you want to make a huge socioeconomic effect in your Nigerian community? If so, we cordially invite you to participate in the AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria.
We are calling on all tech-savvy Nigerian change-makers who want to usher in a new era of wealth for Nigeria’s agriculture industry. Our competition provides a stage for young entrepreneurs to shine by giving comprehensive business training, a mentorship program with industry experts, and opportunities to propose your ideas to possible investors.
Compete for a portion of $20,000 in prize money.
To be eligible for this challenge. Candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Be a young person with creative agricultural ideas.
- Have workable solutions to societal problems that are technically practicable, commercially viable, and environmentally sound.
- Possess a Nigerian national identification document (national identity card, international passport, or permanent voter’s card).
- Prepare a financial statement for the business.
- Be a founder or co-founder of the company represented in the competition and participate actively in its operations and leadership.
- Have no criminal record for tax evasion, corruption, or other offenses.
- Possibility of collaboration and partnership with other actors/stakeholders.
The following are required for the company:
- Registered with relevant Nigerian government agencies
- Scalability and influence on a large number of smallholder farmers
- Possibility of employment creation and poverty reduction
- Alignment with other important national policies and international treaties (for example, the Sustainable Development Goals)
A distinct technological invention that tackles the following issues for smallholder farmers:
- Income labor intensiveness of activities
- Information Access
- Strong competitive advantage
The application deadline is July 31st, 2023 at 5 p.m. WAT
NOTE: You must follow the organizers on social media (@heifernigeria and @Ayuteafrica).
How to Apply
Visit the AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria website.
Fill complete all of the relevant questions and papers, as specified above.
Submit by clicking the submit button.
Who is in charge of the AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria?
The AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria is a business development programme launched by Heifer International and managed by Wennovation Hub.
How long is the challenge going to last?
The challenge will last three months, with three agri-tech inventors receiving top awards (winner, first runner-up, and second runner-up).
Who is eligible to participate in this challenge?
In Nigeria, however, only ONE individual can represent an agri-tech business/company as the CEO or Co-founder.
How many stages exist?
The first stage of the competition will choose the top ten agri-tech innovators. The top five agri-tech innovators will be identified in the second stage. The top three businesses will be awarded cash prizes at a pitch and awards presentation.
Is the competition just limited to Nigerian businesses that are registered?
Only businesses that have been or are presently registered in Nigeria are eligible to apply for this program.
What kind of companies can apply?
Enterprises in the early stages of development (less than three years old). Startups with a minimum viable product (MVP) but no prior experience in an enterprise support program (incubation or acceleration program, for example) will be given priority.