The 2023 edition of the Goethe Talents Scholarship is now open for applications from young musicians between the ages of 20 to 30 years old. Qualified Candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline of April 3rd, 2023.
Are you from the following region: North Africa, West Africa, the Global South or Central Asia? Do you have work experience in music and related fields? If yes, this unique scholarship opportunity is for you.
Apply now for the Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023 by clicking the official application page mentioned below.
About Goethe Talents Scholarship
The Goethe Talents Scholarship in Germany is designed to last for a duration of 12 days, to support and create networks between young aspiring musical artists, singer-songwriters and composers.
The Goethe Talents Scholarship is a collaborative effort of the Goethe Institute and Pop-Kultur. This year, the program has been held seven times with this edition making it the eighth in 2023.
The program combines different activities for participants to experience Berlin also known as the city of music before the commencement of the festival. This experience includes: Visiting of music Studio, intensive jam sessions, and brief traineeships in selected companies from Berlin’s creative industries.
In addition, participants will be engaged in listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of the Music board Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities aimed at increasing their experience.
Summary of Goethe Talents Scholarship
- Category: Scholarship (Music)
- Host Organization: Goethe-Institut
- Host Country: Germany
- Eligible Field: Music and related areas
- Duration: 12 days
- Sponsored by: Goethe-Institute and Pop-Kultur
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Status: Open
- Application Deadline: April 3, 2023
The Goethe-Institut also referred to as ɡøːtə ʔɪnstiˌtuːt in German, is a non-profit German cultural association founded in 1951. The Organization is operational globally with a total of 159 institutes.
The Goethe-Institut is committed to promoting the study of the German language abroad and encouraging international cultural exchange and relations. Every year, over 200, 000 persons Participates In these German courses.
Benefits and Rewards of Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023
The Goethe Talents Scholarship offers the following benefits:
- Free Accommodations for Participants including the provision of the participation fee, travel expenses, and hospitality (per diem) for the period of August 24 to September 4, 2023.
- The Goethe-Institut will handle all costs related to flights including helping with visa issues.
- Musicboard Berlin will provide a free Festival Ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals with all talents.
- Musicboard Berlin will make accommodation arrangements including breakfast, and cover health insurance and public transportation within Berlin.
How to Apply for Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023
- All Interested and qualified candidates should kindly visit the Goethe-Institut Application page at: https://nachwuchs.pop-kultur.berlin/goethe-talents-registration-2023/ to apply
- After Submission of the application, an expert jury will select 8 talents for the program
- Shortlisted Candidates will be informed by the end of May.
- The Goethe Talents scholarship commences on the 24th of August (arrival day) and ends on September 4 (departure day), 2023.
- For more details, please visit the Goethe-Institut website at: https://nachwuchs.pop-kultur.berlin/goethe-talents/
Eligibility Criteria for Goethe Talent Scholarship 2023
- Goethe Talent Scholarship Program is Open to young musicians, composers, singer-songwriters or instrumentalists;
- Ideal Candidates must be between the ages of 20 to 30 years and from a developing country.
- Participants are expected to make a talk video of approx. 15 minutes in advance about their experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in their respective countries.
- Candidates must have advanced English skills to attend the programme as there is no translation available (B2 minimum!).
- Applicants must have work experience in the field of music and they need proof of at least 3 projects they participated in.
- Please note that applications are only for individual persons only.
April 3, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT: