Prospective Candidates from the Sub-Saharan African regions are invited to apply for Georgetown University Full Masters Scholarships 2024. The two-year master’s degree in Global Human Development at Georgetown University provides opportunities for hands-on learning incorporated within a cutting-edge curriculum focused on skills.
The course is available full-time, and the core subjects are covered in the curriculum including international political economy, program design and execution, monitoring and evaluation, quantitative and qualitative approaches, finance and budgeting, management, and the economics of development.
Georgetown University is committed to preparing students via coursework, internships, extra-curricular activities, and practical fieldwork, thus offering the Global Human Development Program.
Benefits of Georgetown University Masters Scholarships
The benefits include the following;
- A full tuition waiver scholarship awarded to a GHD student from sub-Saharan Africa.
- Students will have the platform to apply the knowledge and skills they learn in the classroom, via three distinct professional work experiences in addition to the curriculum
- Engage in the summer field project, which is a fully funded two to three-month international work placement
- Participate in an internship at a relevant international development organization or agency located in Washington, DC, for at least one academic semester; and
Eligibility Criteria for Georgetown University Masters Scholarships
The Global Human Development (GHD) at Georgetown University, is a practitioner-focused program. Therefore, a minimum of one year of experience working in international development is required, with a minimum of two years of professional experience preferred.
- Prospective Candidates are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree prior to proposed enrollment.
- Applicants who wish to enroll or participate in the Global Human Development Program must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of foundational courses in statistics, macro-, and microeconomics (required prior to August enrollment, but not required prior to application).
- Ability to work well in both English and another language (passing an oral proficiency test prior to graduation implies that students will have a reasonable command of one foreign language).
- It is highly recommended to have several years of experience living, studying, and working overseas.
- Completion of the GMAT or GRE exam, with the best option being to take the test in time to submit results by the application deadline.
Documents Required for Application
To be considered for Georgetown University Masters Scholarships, applicants must submit all required application materials including:
- Online application form (completed)
- Personal statement answering the questions provided on the official page
- Supplemental datasheet
- A resume
- An Official copy of the transcripts and test scores (GREs and TOEFL/IELTS)
- letters of recommendation (3)
How to Apply for Georgetown University Masters Scholarships 2024?
Visit Georgetown University at https://gradapply.georgetown.edu/apply/ to apply
For more details, visit the Georgetown University website at https://ghd.georgetown.edu/admissions/finaid/international-scholarships/
January 15, 2024.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Georgetown University Global Human Development Program – Apply Now!
- Top 10 Online Universities USA – Studying Online has been Made Remarkably Easy!
- Sub-Saharan Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2023
- Tips for Writing Effective Scholarship Essays in 2023
- RIoT Accelerator Program Winter 2023 Cohort – APPLY NOW