Fully Funded LSE & UCT Double Degree Masters Scholarships for the 2022/2023 session is a unique study opportunity that allows students to study for one year at the London School of Economics (LSE) in London, the UK’s media capital, and one year at the Centre for Film and Media Studies, University of Cape Town (UCT).
Benefits of Fully Funded LSE & UCT Double Degree Masters Scholarships
Being a successful applicant of this program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Examine the processes of globalization in relation to organization, production, consumption, and representation in media and communications;
- Study theoretical courses at LSE, flexibly tailoring the program to develop specialist interests, culminating in an independent research project on a topic in global media and communications
- Have a practice-based course at UCT and develop practical skills in an optional creative production at UCT
- Students will gain professional experience during an internship in Cape Town
- The program helps students to prepare for high-level employment in media and communications-related professions anywhere in the world.
- Successful students will be trained to examine the intersection of media and globalization from an African vantage point, thereby gaining an understanding of global media and communications in an African context & media as well as communications in a global context.
Summary of Fully Funded LSE & UCT Double Degree Masters Scholarships
- Study In: the UK and South Africa
- Department of Media and Communications
- Number of Awardees: 2
- Application code P4UC
- Location: Cape Town, Houghton Street, London
- Start date: 26 September 2022
- Application deadline: April 28, 2022
- Duration: Full-time only, 12 months at LSE, plus second year at University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Tuition fee: Year one at LSE for £24,456 and Year two at UCT for Approximately ZAR220,000, this amount covers the tuition fees, accommodation, and related expenses
- Minimum entry requirement 2:1 degree or equivalent in social science, or another field with professional experience in media and communications
- Type: Master’s
Requirements for Fully Funded LSE & UCT Double Degree Masters Scholarships
- An applicant must have a 2:1 degree or equivalent in social science, or a degree in another field with professional experience in media and communications.
- As an applicant, you only need to apply to LSE but you must meet both the LSE and UCT entry requirements.
- All applicants should note that meeting the minimum entry requirement for this scholarship does not guarantee an offer of admission.
- Applicants studying outside of the UK should look at the Information for International Students to find out the entry requirements that apply to them.
Application Process for Fully Funded LSE & UCT Double Degree Masters Scholarships
Interested and eligible applicants are required to have completed the London School of Economics (LSE) Graduate Financial Support Application form and also received an offer of admission (conditional or unconditional) by 5 pm GMT on 28 April 2022.
Hence, making early applications becomes important.
Visit the official Scholarship Webpage for more details: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Degree-programmes-2020/MSc-Global-Media-and-Communications-LSE-and-UCT